Whine noise on mt-82

erick stangup

Established Member
I just took my car to the dealership because i was hearing a whine when i accelerated. Now i need a new transmission on a 2011 mustang. So if yoy are expierencing the whine noise i suggest you check it out before it gets worse

FiveSlow

Established Member
I took mine in and they said it was fine, some whine was acceptable.. Oh well.

helli217

Established Member
Mine was silent, but had slightly notchy cold shifting. I changed the fluid the the DCT fluid from the TSB, and the shifting improved, but a slight whine was apparent immediately. The trans operates perfectly and doesn't seem to be getting louder yet.

dabster

Established Member
Did they actually say they were going to give you a new one for sure? I just had my '11 in for three weeks after an odd sound in 1-2 gears and the whine...3 weeks later I get it back with new 1-2 gears...and the whine is still there, although they said it was gone upon pickup. About to go back and see what can happen. This isn't my first time dealing with them either, and the 5th for transmission issues between all owners. I would LOVE a new one lol.

erick stangup

Established Member
Did they actually say they were going to give you a new one for sure? I just had my '11 in for three weeks after an odd sound in 1-2 gears and the whine...3 weeks later I get it back with new 1-2 gears...and the whine is still there, although they said it was gone upon pickup. About to go back and see what can happen. This isn't my first time dealing with them either, and the 5th for transmission issues between all owners. I would LOVE a new one lol.

Yes im getting a new one. They ordered it last week. Im actually taking my car in today. In about 40 minutes actually

Users who are viewing this thread