Whiloe waiting on the gt350 a hellcat is falling from the sky

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
IMG_0035.JPGI picked her up on Monday and yes she is big and heavy, but I love her. It is a whole different car then the GT500, but the interior is a much nicer place to be. And due to its weight it also hides its speed such that 80 feels like 50.

I look forward to the better interior that the GT350 will offer over the last generation mustang.

I find it fun to have the current top dog in the HP wars and the GT500 was last years and the Hellcat is this years.

I do not care who makes a car as long as it is different and unique. The Hellcat is that. I am OK that only car people know what it is and generally looks like any other Challenger.

I drove a Yellow F430 for 3 years and an Acura NSX for a couple both with race exhausts, so being noticed is not something I need as it just comes with the territory.

I am already thinking what will be next after the GT350. This is a great time for performance car folks.......Steve

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Congrats! The Hellcat is a beast!!!! Enjoy it!!
One quick note for an error I saw posted... A stock manual hellcat will Dyno between 670-685rwhp sae..... Not the 600 mentioned.
They are monsters.

bpmurr

Established Member
Congrats on the Hellcat. Now that they're building twice as many for 2016 the ADM hype train should die out. I might pick one up to enjoy and give the GT350 a year to shake out the bugs.

cleghornm

Established Member
Congrats on the Hellcat. Now that they're building twice as many for 2016 the ADM hype train should die out. I might pick one up to enjoy and give the GT350 a year to shake out the bugs.

I happen to own a Hellcat, and did own many mustngs including three GT 500's, two of which were modified 13's. The Hellcat is just as fast and rides much better, plus it has an automatic transmission. What I would like to see is the A8 from a Hellcat in the Shelby. I know it's not made for it, but if it could fit I believe the Shelby would be an absolute blast to drive.

Last edited:

MikeW

Established Member
Congrats! The Hellcat is a beast!!!! Enjoy it!!
One quick note for an error I saw posted... A stock manual hellcat will Dyno between 670-685rwhp sae..... Not the 600 mentioned.
They are monsters.

Not going by what the owners post on Hellcat.org.

http://www.hellcat.org/threads/what-we-learned-from-the-dyno-today.10357/

http://www.hellcat.org/threads/afe-...ting-after-50-and-500-miles-of-break-in.9792/

A lot more numbers posted but 670-685rwhp SAE is not "normal" Low to mid 600's is "normal".

blk02edge

Established Member
A hellcat just put down 560whp the same day my pulley/intake/tune cobra put down 470... They seem to be all over the map. They have had 3 in there and not one hit the 600 mark

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member
Dynos are relative unto themselves. There are too many variables to take into account to just use one dyno's numbers. It has to be averaged over many runs on many dynos based on some standard

I would agree if my cobra hadn't put down the numbers it did (higher than normal) on the same day... It is a mustang dyno. Also seems nobody can even get out of the 12's at the track with them

Users who are viewing this thread