Which x/h

sweet10th

Established Member
Im looking at doing a little more exhaust work to my cobra , not sure what to do though !
Right now i have a Borla stinger on and kinda want to keep the low rumble.
Ive been told that long tube headers are not worth the trouble for what you get and i would be better just going with a x-pipe / h-pipe.
Anybody throw any light on which would be the best for my borla system ?
Should i go with cats ?

projekZERO

Werd
Established Member
u probably want to go with cats. or a prochamber. the borlas can get quite loud with offraod pipes. i have the magnaflow with cats. the only reason i bought it was because it has carsound cats which are the only aftermarket cats i have ever seen to "work" and not fail. i think the mrt h-pipe also uses carsound cats and is a very nice piece also.

from what i understand x-pipe and h-pipe will be around the same power just move the power slightly in the power bands, and give a diiferent sound off.

h-pipe low end power, muscle car sound
X-pipe top end power, some what exotic car sound.

i think thats how it goes, someone correct me if im wrong, but about the cats im dead right, if it isnt carsound, its probably gonna fail.

pld

SoOntRebel
Established Member
If you want to keep the deep sound from the Borla's get the Catted MRT H-pipe.The cat's along with Magnaflow's are the same brand and like projectZero said,I think they're the only cat's to trust.

pld

SoOntRebel
Established Member
Forgot to mention that the No Cat's prochamber has almost the same loudness as the Catted MRT h-pipe.

redfire03 svt

Established Member
I have had both a offroad h-pipe and now a offroad x-pipe with my magnaflow catback. The offroad h-pipe is way louder with a flow thru muffler like you and I have. I would not go offroad h IMO. I think the x-pipe sounds better with flow thru mufflers, and chambered mufflers sound better with h-pipes. I have also had a prochamber on my previous stang, and they also sound sweet. A offroad x-pipe with your borla's would sound sweet.

sweet10th

Established Member
where has the best price for the mrt h-pipe?
where did u get yours from pld ?

ModsAway

Established Member
Also looking for a good place to buy MRT's H-pipe or hear other good suggestions for an aftermarket H-Pipe

Users who are viewing this thread