Which white to paint my Foxbody

1bad04cobra

Established Member
I am going to go ahead with white for my complete restoration project. Having the engine bay smoothed and painted next week. Wanted suggestions on which white to go with maybe from someone who has painted or has a white car. Was going to go Performance which has a slight yellow tint which may show the little bit of lines of the car but then again Oxford White has that bright white look that I like too. Then I was looking at Chevy arctic white. Anyone have a suggestion?

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
In for this too. I bought a beater that I'm going to paint black and was thinking of a single stage acrylic urethane.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
+1 Oxford white with dark tinted windows is the best look.

D01AB1DA-82F2-4C92-B4BD-7C4A31C28A19-6566-0000077184765F69.jpg

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Oxford White looks amazing on almost any car. Pair it with some white powdercoated wheels and it really sets off a "stormtrooper" look to a vehicle.

Woody6799

Established Member
I am partial to pearl white personally... looks slick.
01-DSC_0474.jpg

or flat white
matte+white+wrap-resized-600.jpg

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Pearls are so complicated a color.

You get every color of the rainbow in the right lighting conditions.

Have your painter do a number of different combinations of pearls, amounts of pearl, and metal flakes.

The pearl is in one of the layers of clear (or more), so you can get pretty creative.

Pearl can be applied over any color.

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
No way would I go with a tricoat, matching it is a pita if you ever need repair work done. Rack up extra cost in materials and blends as well.

BMW Alpine white (300) is nice just make sure you look through a variant deck with your painter as it has some more yellow variants. Hyundai has a white 7f. Its pretty Damn white. I've always heard 8554 of GM had the whitest of whites back in the day.

1bad04cobra

Established Member
No way would I go with a tricoat, matching it is a pita if you ever need repair work done. Rack up extra cost in materials and blends as well.

BMW Alpine white (300) is nice just make sure you look through a variant deck with your painter as it has some more yellow variants. Hyundai has a white 7f. Its pretty Damn white. I've always heard 8554 of GM had the whitest of whites back in the day.
Thanks man. I'm not doing a pearl. ..no way. Solid was always the plan. Don't want black or red and grabber was on the docket..for like a minute. I've always liked a Clean white mustang with black interior. I'll check out the ones you suggested as well.

13BlackGT

Established Member
I had a 90 foxbody that was painted mixing white with no pigment at all. I really liked it
ce8ed16bc356870a61b619e73977cca6.jpg

1bad04cobra

Established Member
Holy shit I was thinking of doing the hood this way but couldn't find a pic. Thanks for posting. Any more pics? Did you like the way it turned out in person painted black on the cowl?

Users who are viewing this thread