Which wheels?

• 10th anniversary

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • FR500

Votes: 24 75.0%

• Total voters

HandsomeRob

Established Member
I have Deep Dish 03 Cobra Wheels. I love them!
FR500's were my second choice but I'm glad I picked the 03 Cobra's.
17X10.5 and 17X9. Machined with Anthrocite paint
67062bcc.gif

e31b200d.gif

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
Tough choice with the sc and dd cobras. SC have a deeper lip. I like them. I have a set of 3 piece sterns same face as SC but with bolts, they made those in reps too.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
I don't have any side shots of the DD rims :bash:, but I do have side shots of normal 03 rims. Basically the same exact things. My suspension at the time was H&R Race Springs with one ISO with Tokico Blue shocks all around. Tire setup was 275/40/17 in front and 315/35/17's in back, I only had to roll the left fender, but I did both and flip the quad shocks. It didn't rub unless I was on the freeway with a passenger in the back. Any more questions let me know. Sorry I don't the pictures you requested, but I haven't had the car for 2 years.

Ah mannn lol jk. Those shots are great. I just can't get my brain to picture them from a side shot lol. I've seen lots of SN95's with the regular 03 rims and they only seem to fit mustangs that are red and black, but I think they look odd on white. I really like how they look classy but still look old school agressive, not sure if that makes sense. Wow those are race springs? Looks pretty low. Yeah I have that exact tire set up right now, quads removed bc I have LCA's. Thank you for posting the pics you had, much appreciated :beer: and they fit your old car real well. I might stay with 17's than; but there's a set of real original FR500's ford motorsports here with brand new tires (18's) but I happen to have fresh DR's in the rear which is why I am undecided?

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
IMG_0257.jpg

ooooo makes me grin... the first svtp look at my rims.. I'm about to do a build post for my 98 since Im almost done with it. These are 17's, makes those sexy brakes look ginormus

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
OP, I don't think your car will look right until it's lowered honestly. All the wider rims will look out of place until it's lowered. I'd do that first. As far as rims go though, can't lose with a set of 03 cobras. Classic design.

ConeCrusher281

Established Member
IMG_0257.jpg

ooooo makes me grin... the first svtp look at my rims.. I'm about to do a build post for my 98 since Im almost done with it. These are 17's, makes those sexy brakes look ginormus

Looks great. Love the color with the red calipers/slotted rotors!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
OP, I don't think your car will look right until it's lowered honestly. All the wider rims will look out of place until it's lowered. I'd do that first. As far as rims go though, can't lose with a set of 03 cobras. Classic design.

It's lowered already slightly but I can't go much lower because I already rub some of the places I go. Ohio roads suck. It's already got staggered wheels on it as well

DSCN0412.jpg

DSCN0425.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
+1000...... I have sportlines on mine. Good lookin car... where are you located? I think I see Franklin Co?

Im about 30 minutes east of akron. Been to shelby many a times to go to glens surplus and sportsman's den.. Plus my company works on the substations in shelby (designing)

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
Im about 30 minutes east of akron. Been to shelby many a times to go to glens surplus and sportsman's den.. Plus my company works on the substations in shelby (designing)

Nice!, The Shelby mall (glens surplus) is quite the attraction. I apologize for this disgusting butt hole of a town lol

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
I'll just be honest here. If you are dead set on staying 17's, you need a 5 spoke wheel. Multspoke wheels like fr500's and 10th anniversary wheels look tiny in 17's, imo. Those need to be atleast 18's. I think you should do 03 cobra wheels.

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
I'll just be honest here. If you are dead set on staying 17's, you need a 5 spoke wheel. Multspoke wheels like fr500's and 10th anniversary wheels look tiny in 17's, imo. Those need to be atleast 18's.

you know, there was something about seeing wheels in 17 like that, that was just off, like it wasnt quite right and I couldnt place what it was. I think you hit the nail on the head. 17=5 spoke. +1

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
I'm probably just not going to get anything right now... Im cheap and the cobra is in its storage spot...

Users who are viewing this thread