Which way to go???

02RedLightning

Established Member
Getting ready to buy some mods for the car next week, but I am still a little undecided. I keeping thinking I want the KB but then I could save alot of cash just getting a pulley and a chip. Thing is I am probably only going to run 13-15 psi of boost due to weather and crappy gas.

So my question is for those who did the pulley and chip do you wish that had you had the chance you would have gotten the KB blower?

For those that bought the KB blower do you feel it was really worth it? How many of you drive the cars everyday....since I use mine to get to work and back.

Please help me decide......I want some MODS!

SVT 03 Cobra

i run 11.50 on street tires with a chip and pully.... KB is awsome tho... it's all a matter of your preference!

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
02Red...id do it all over again & just put on the KB. The power that they can make will make it self up with all the little other mods u do buy....but that all depends on how fast u want to be.

I can live with my set up for another 1/2 year or so but that need for more HP will come around soon enough.

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
A KB at 15 PSI will be generate alot more airflow and power with much less heat. It's the same manifold pressure, but that's about it.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Oh....save ur self the time.

Make 2 sections.
1st KB Cost of course.
2nd List of all parts, labor & tunning needed & compare the prices.

02RedLightning

Established Member
Good idea Poisonous Mods. I was planning on doing the install on my own so atleast I can save a little money right there. I just don't want to do the pulley and chip and then wish I would have just bought the KB when I had the chance. I mean it is going to be a daily driver/occassional drag strip car/local car show car and man the KB would be great for all except maybe daily driving. I don't see alot of people saying with KB blowers they drive them daily. :??:

Thanks for the replies so far.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
First I did exhaust and lower pulley, then upper pulley, then changed pulley sizes, finally KB. If I were just starting out, KB all the way.
My car is a daily driver and visits the track a couple times a month on average.
I have no drivability issues. Took an hour and a half to get home from the dyno tonight (about 20 miles) in stop and go traffic. No problems whatsoever with the AC blastin and 90+ degree temps.

02RedLightning

Established Member
Any other KB blower owners want to add their thoughts on this subject???

Thanks RaceRat you have been very helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread