Which Valve springs?

bat-stang

The REAL Dark Knight
Established Member
'Bout to do a cam and valve spring swap on the Cobra. I'm not trying to break the bank but I want an upgrade setup thats better than stock that will work on my 95% street car. Should I use single or double springs? Steeda has a kit that works with what I have but what are my other options--preferably in kit form? Thanks.
I have:

GT-40 Heads (slightly cleaned up)
FMS E-cam
306 (overbore)
Ededlbrock RPM (Desiring to swap to the Performer for more low end)
T-5/ 3.73 gears

carguy19

Established Member
The cam and springs should match.

I think the GT40's stock springs will work with that cam just fine if you replace them with new ones.

bat-stang

The REAL Dark Knight
Established Member
Cool, but no recommendations for an upgrade? I know they should match but I understand that the stockers are just okay.

carguy19

Established Member
Just A Thought.... The Rpm Intake May Shift The Rpm Band A Little High For Your Cam And Heads That You Are Using, I Would Talk To Someone A Little More If You Havent Purchased Everything Yet. Talk To A Reputable Person About Matching Everything.

I Recommend Anderson Motorsport, Rick Is The Best In The Business In My Opinion, He Will Never Try And Sell You Something You Dont Need And He Always Gives You Sound Advice.

bat-stang

The REAL Dark Knight
Established Member
I have a fair price on a Crane Cams spring seup. I just want to know if a double spring option is open. I have talked to some businesses about cams and springs; I know some of you run what you build and I wanted some input.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
Summit use to carry a spring upgrade kit from trickflow. I ran it for several years on my OEM heads and a B cam

bat-stang

The REAL Dark Knight
Established Member
Thanks guys. I am also checking on the one that Steeda sells--I don't know if it is a grind for Steeda or if it is a reboxed cam made by someone else.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
LEE93COBRA said:
Summit use to carry a spring upgrade kit from trickflow. I ran it for several years on my OEM heads and a B cam
I'm with Lee. Popular and good price upgrade for the stockers. Stock springs are known to need replacement after 50k+ miles. Just makes sense to upgrade them when you do the cam swap unless you have really low miles or test the springs.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread