Which turbo kit?

lethal1546

Established Member
I'm new to all the turbo stuff but I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Turbohorsepower.com's kit. Just from the pics it looks like a decent kit. So if anyone has had any one on one time with this company please let me know if its a good kit or if I should look elsewhere?????? Thanks

evil 03

THE 700 CLUB
Established Member
i love that kit and i have heard thats one of the best fitting kits on the make and the best looking by far in my books

prostkr

Established Member
I saw one in person on a GT the other day. Id look else where. I will end up redoing 80% of this guys kit to get it where it should be.

20-COBRA-03

Banned
too bad you werent closer. i think i'm going to start fabbing some kits. i'll post up pics of the progress soon

prostkr

Established Member
what was wrong with the kit?

All the piping is small. The primary's on the headers are small then they go into cheap collectors. This kit has 500 miles on it and one header has had to be repaired for a split collector already. Then after the collectors they neck the piping down to 2 1/4" to the turbo. Heck ford put 2 1/2 on these cars stock. The down pipe is even funnier its a 3'" outlet necked down to 2 3/4 then swedged back up to 2- 2" pipes. Ball and socket flanges in spots where v bands should be ect.

All in all for the money the parts are decent, but they just didn't plan it out well. They managed to use 5' of pipe to snake around stuff when a simple 2' long pipe and less fittings could have been used. There are a ton of restrictions built into this kit that should not be there. On the dyno this car wont carry out the power, at 5000 rpms it falls flat on its face. It will carry it out 5-600 rpms farther with the cut out open leading me to believe its choked off. I'm going to make a quick open dump right off the turbo and see if it likes that better to start.

Id get with Turbo vnm and look at Hellion pricing.

prostkr

Established Member
My assessment may be made on a older unrevised kit. This one is 3 or a bit more years old. It looks nothing like what is on their website right now.

lethal1546

Established Member
From what I looked at on their site everything looks clean and easy but then again I dont know. So if anyone has a new twin turbo kit from turbohorsepower.com please post your results and let us all know how your kit worked out.

Users who are viewing this thread