Which turbo kit, Ideas?

lethal1546

Established Member
I know this kinda has been covered before but with mutiple companies closing down I would appreciate some input. Is anyone running a HP Performance(Peregrineperformance.com) twin turbo kit, and how do you like it, install,quality?
The (turbohorsepower.com) twin turbo kit looks like a nice set up, anyone running one of these? Any info on either kit would be great.
BTW-Im looking for a twin kit that will spool quickly so maybe 57-61 bb turbos. I have an 03 cobra with SRA and pretty much all the bolt ons. The car will see some track time but is mainly a street driven car.

street591

®®®®
Established Member
57s will get you to 900rwhp just fine.

Also to clarify, HPP racing and HP performance are NOT the same company and have direct opposite quality.

The big question is do you want good fit and finish out the door? Or do you want to modify pieces yourself (assuming you have the knowledge, tools, and how to)?

lethal1546

Established Member
I want good fit and finish out the door. I have the know how to cut and what not but rather avoid it if i could. I mean i would be dropping alot of cash just on the kit so i would be hopeful that the fit and finish is good out the door. Which HP is out of business? I believe in you get what you pay for so if it means me dropping an extra grand to get a better quality kit i would do it. So just looking for a little help

street591

®®®®
Established Member
Well to be honest, an extra grand ain't gonna cut it. HP kits can be found on here for like 4 grand when an HPP kit without suspension is about 8.

lethal1546

Established Member
Lets put aside the money issue, other than the suspension stuff whats the difference between the kits and which company of the HPs wouldnt you go with and are you running one of the kits?

lethal1546

Established Member
Was browsing on street lethal performance's website and they were selling a kit made by turbo horsepower, looks like a decent kit, anyone have any experience with their kit or know someone who has one that could share a little insight on the kit....

Entrenched

Established Member
HPP is known to have nice kits. They custom build you a new overflow tank, mount the turbos up high so no drawn back issues, use top shelf components, and their stuff has been proven to work.

Downside: PRICE (most expensive kit on the market, plan on 10K with add ons); no Stainless Steel option, at this price point I expected it to be standard

All that considered there are IMHO only two off the shelf kits to consider: Price no option HPP; Price conscience Hellion. Both proven kits with real customer support.

The THP kit looks nice, but costs as much as the HPP kit. People that have THP kits comment on having to modify them and insane wait times to get the kit. See above.

Driver500

Established Member
I've been running a Turbo Horsepower kit for a few years now and it's been great. Jim still offers great customer service. "I just called a few days ago about a vband that was leaking and it was no issue at all to reach him, get a solution, and I'm on my way. He even called me later that day to talk about it some more and explore a few other solutions. During the build process whenever I had a question he always took the time to answer them. I make great power, the turbos are up high and have zero oil drain back issues.

Cliffs: TurboHorsePower / Jim Napier Top notch vender, great customer service, and awesome product.

lethal1546

Established Member
What size turbos are you running and how is the spooling? It looks like they have a pretty nice set of forward facing headers

Users who are viewing this thread