Which Tokico Shocks?

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
My left rear Tokico Illumina 5 way adjustable shock decided to take a :pop:. I'm confused on which shock to replace it with? My 96 is dropped with Eibach Pro-Kit drop springs, the part number is 06/99 3510.201 (can't find any info on the springs). Anyways, I think it's a 1.5" drop. Should I replace the rear shock with that for a 87-93 mustangs (since they are shorter) or should I stick with the 94-up SN95 shocks?

Here are some links for reference:

87-93
http://www.brothersperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/1_11_46/products_id/4524

94-04
http://www.brothersperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/1_11_46/products_id/4525

Any input would be gladly appreciated. I need to order them by tomorrow (actually it already is tomorrow, so by this afternoon).
Thanks in advance.:beer:

Last edited:

19Mystic96

Established Member
the guy at MM said that you only should go with fox shocks and struts when you have no intention ever using MM C/C plates. he said the MM C/C plates raise the top of the strut so you can use SN95 Struts and shocks.

nicolae88

Slow "Pink" car.
Established Member
The guy I talked to at Maximum Motorsports told me that I should use the 87-93 struts if I am going over 1.5" lower. I was using the H&R SS so I went ahead and got the shorter struts.

I did a few searches back when I was researching and it seems to be close to an even split with people, though theres not a lot of info out on it. I have a feeling that most just buy there model year and never look into it:shrug:

sighwest

Established Member
I just got in my Tokico HPs and the owner of stang suspension.com recommended the 87-93 struts, but said the 94-04 should be used in the back. From comparing the ones I took out to the Hps, the tokicos were not even an inch shorter. I'm just on Eibach Pros, and that's what Josh recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread