Which to trade for 2012 Boss

Grant808

Established Member
Considering either the '03 Cobra 'vert (silver) or '11 GT (kona blue).

If I trade the 'vert..I'm thinking Comp Orange. If it's the GT, I'm thinking of staying Kona Blue.

The GT is my DD and the Cobra is a Friday/Sunday cruiser.

:shrug: What would you do? Ignore the $ differences in this case.

203Cree

Established Member
Gonna DD the Cobra instead? Or DD the Boss? You don't replace a DD with a toy. My two pennies.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Gonna DD the Cobra instead? Or DD the Boss? You don't replace a DD with a toy. My two pennies.

Hmmm...OP is either in Hawaii or SoCal. I'd be DD'ing a vert. Figure a vert would like be a requirement in either locale. Keep the Terminator and slap on a sticker..."My other ride is a BOSS". (j/k...or not). Decisions...decisions. :beer:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
The Boss really isn't much different than the GT, so why would you want two of the same car?
I have a Terminator vert and a Boss at similar power levels (neither is a DD) and I'd be hard pressed to pick one over the other. Ditch the GT.

chancejat

Established Member
no need to have two 5.0's......kona blue boss' are the titts, unless you can get your hands on the grabber blue boss (i doubt it, lol)

Last edited:

Grant808

Established Member
pics of said trades?

Pic of the two cars as requested.

6252515658_f76408fed7_z.jpg

Not sure what I DD if I trade the GT. I can always take the Edge in bad weather (rain only in SoCal). My work isn't far...and I often change cars if and when I come home for lunch.

Thanks for the opinions so far. I know it does sound stupid to even consider having two 5.0 cars at the same time.

Last edited:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I wouldnt trade either of them......

I'd sell both the 03 Cobra and 11 GT, and then buy the Boss. Then, I'd find something comfortable/inexpensive for a DD. You'll appreciate your Mustangs more when you dont have to drive them everyday :lol1:

Grant808

Established Member
Let me try again...

It doesn't rain much here in SoCal. I'd DD the Boss except in bad weather, then I'd take the Edge.

Hmmm...OP is either in Hawaii or SoCal. I'd be DD'ing a vert. Figure a vert would like be a requirement in either locale. Keep the Terminator and slap on a sticker..."My other ride is a BOSS". (j/k...or not). Decisions...decisions. :beer:

Great idea on the sticker :) I wouldn't DD the 'vert. The cloth top is hard to keep clean from bird and bee crap. I'm in SoCal now, but I wouldn't own a vert in Hawaii. It rains way too often, usually not for long, but long enough to wet the dust on the paint.

The Boss really isn't much different than the GT, so why would you want two of the same car?
I have a Terminator vert and a Boss at similar power levels (neither is a DD) and I'd be hard pressed to pick one over the other. Ditch the GT.

I originally got the GT to be a DD and for occasional open track/autoX duty. If I keep the GT, the Boss would take over track duty and Friday/Sunday cruiser. I wouldn't want to cage the Cobra for the track, and the 5.0s are way more capable.

no need to have two 5.0's......kona blue boss' are the titts, unless you can get your hands on the grabber blue boss (i doubt it, lol)

You said it. That Kona blue Boss makes me wanna trade. I'd almost do two Kona cars, but I wouldn't want to care for and clean two. It's really almost as bad as black for showing off dirt. I've considered waiting for GB in 2013...

I wouldnt trade either of them......

I'd sell both the 03 Cobra and 11 GT, and then buy the Boss. Then, I'd find something comfortable/inexpensive for a DD. You'll appreciate your Mustangs more when you dont have to drive them everyday :lol1:

Considered that, and the DD could have been a V6 'vert or something else. But my commute is so short, I don't really car to have a low power DD.

Daily drive the Boss. I do. It makes going to work tolerable.
I appreciate your thinking. The way I drive the GT does just that. I've only put 3550 miles on it in a year and the tires are almost done - fronts and backs. :burnout: I have a few 'courses' that I can drive that are protected from two-way traffic. Only been to the track twice.

luna.alam

Established Member
I am very satisfied with my kona blue.. My father owns a Cobra and I get to drive it once in a while. But you can ditch the Cobra and buy yourself the Boss. I am also saving money for my own Boss.

Grant808

Established Member
you picked the best color!

You know it! :beer:

Awesome, I know how you feel :beer:

Which car did you trade?

Traded the Cobra at the top of the picture! :banana: I think it was the right one to go.

One thing that has really surprised me...is that the car doesn't hop like my Brembo/GT does. I love how it sounds. Wish it had sync so I could legally answer my phone...but I couldn't hear my phone in the Cobra either, so it's not a big deal. Handles great so far...feels easier to 'push' than the GT, but I'm trying not to rush to find this car's limits.

Can't wait to get the Track Key! :pepper:

etfhb

Established Member
Congrats on the the Boss 302, seems like a great fit for you.

I really enjoyed meeting you and look forward to seeing you at the track someday. JP says hi.

Take care

Users who are viewing this thread