Which tire is best? Need some stick!

13 GT/CS

Established Member
My current setup for wheels is 19x9 in the front and 19x10 in the back. The tires are Mickey Thompson Street Comps and I don't get much traction so I'm looking for something a little sticker. The car isn't a daily and is only driven to events or for some fun with friends. My current tire size is 255/40-19 in the front and 285/35-19 in the back.
Ive heard good things about Toyo r888s, MT ET Street Radial II, and a few others I don't remember. I'm very limited because of my 19in wheels. Any input is appreciated, thanks!!!

PC03GT

Established Member
I've had both r888 and mickey Thompsons, go with the mickeys

Last edited:

noldevin

Established Member
If you want to keep good handling get the R888s. If you want to hook like crazy and don't care much about turning get some MT drag radials. I guess an in between would be an NT05R

paulyboy928

Established Member
yeah if you're wanting to hook you can always get a drag radial tire. if you want to go another route, mpss's are a good choice also

clc44

Established Member
NT05R nitto is what I'm going with next. I have the same mt steer comps atm, they're not great for digs. I have an auto and blow the tires off.

noldevin

Established Member
What type of driving do you do? Do you care about handling? Just about any summer or better tire will be loads better than the street comps.

Users who are viewing this thread