Which timing????

Traumatized

..but it's just a truck..
Established Member
So I finally got around to putting my 2# upper and Predator program (custom by RWTD) on the L. My question - James gave me a couple different tunes, main difference is the timing. One has 16 degrees of timing and the other with 18 degrees. Is there a big difference between the two. I have the tune with the 16 degree on now, but I dont know if it is OK to run the 18 degree on my L as it is a daily driver and I mean EVERY DAY.

I didnt really notice a big difference with the tune, then realizing that I filled up my tank the day before installing the tune. As soon as I got down to the 1/2 tank I could definitely feel a massive gain throughout the RPM band. I also have no pinging at WOT which is a plus. I am going to have the L dynoed in a couple of weeks to see the numbers, and just to see that everything is SAFE

So what do you guys think about the difference or application of the 16 to the 18 timing?? BTW I live in Kentucky and use Sunoco 93 octane.

camcojb

Established Member
At 10 psi you can likely run the 18, but I have no direct experience with that. We only get 91 here. With 91 and alcohol injection I can run 18+ at that boost level.

Jody

Last edited:

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
As long as you run 93 octane you will be fine. Be carefull when the winter blended gas comes Its not as good as the summer stuff. If you here any pinging change to the other tune

Traumatized

Established Member
awesome, I think I might put the 18* tune on either today or tomorrow. I am getting my windshield replaced today due to a nasty crack in it. Tell you the truth I might even put the STOCK tune back in it for the winter, just to be safe.

Traumatized

Established Member
I put the 18* tune in this morning and took it for a spin. I like it!! Got on it with the Predator hooked up running the diagnostics and the timing ran at 17-18* at WOT. I havent heard any detonation either at any RPM range so I am happy. Thanks for the responses!!!! :pepper: :rockon:

ralphy1798

Established Member
Traumatized said:
awesome, I think I might put the 18* tune on either today or tomorrow. I am getting my windshield replaced today due to a nasty crack in it. Tell you the truth I might even put the STOCK tune back in it for the winter, just to be safe.

Dont put the STOCK tune in and leave the 2# pulley!

Users who are viewing this thread