Which suspension bolts need red loctite?

kingnut

Established Member
red means its never supposed to come back out. although im sure it would with the right amount of TQ. blue would be safer and holds well.

01bluesnake

Established Member
The factory bolts that do have loctite have blue, but torquing to spec is more than enough. Red would make taking the suspension apart a pain in the ass if you ever want to and don't recommend it for things that get removed often.

Fun4me

Established Member
The factory bolts that do have loctite have blue, but torquing to spec is more than enough. Red would make taking the suspension apart a pain in the ass if you ever want to and don't recommend it for things that get removed often.
Thanks. What about the DS?

Fun4me

Established Member
I use red lock tight on those and clutch bolts, but small amounts.
Front and back? What torque specs for the aluminum ds?
The caliper bolts need red, correct?
In the "reuse fastners thread" someone mentioned replacing the sway link nuts, is that a good idea to prevent any clunk? Any other nuts?

thanks

01bluesnake

Established Member
Front and back? What torque specs for the aluminum ds?
The caliper bolts need red, correct?
In the "reuse fastners thread" someone mentioned replacing the sway link nuts, is that a good idea to prevent any clunk? Any other nuts?

thanks

Dont remember the spec off the top of my head, but i believe the stock one is like 83ft lbs for the 12pt 12mm bolts. An impact on low is pretty much how the all get torqued, getting a torque wrench in there and using swivels and extensions will be inaccurate anyways. I dont really see red get used, mostly all blue even caliper bracket and hub bolts. I've reused all the sway bar end nuts on every car ive done, never got a clunk but they also get tightened down good.

Fun4me

Established Member
Dont remember the spec off the top of my head, but i believe the stock one is like 83ft lbs for the 12pt 12mm bolts. An impact on low is pretty much how the all get torqued, getting a torque wrench in there and using swivels and extensions will be inaccurate anyways. I dont really see red get used, mostly all blue even caliper bracket and hub bolts. I've reused all the sway bar end nuts on every car ive done, never got a clunk but they also get tightened down good.
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread