Which supercharger reigns supreme?

FindemorGrindem

Established Member
Don't have one but done alot of research and it looks like ati procharger p1sc is pretty much top notch. It is self contained, relatively quiet for a centrifugal supercharger, will put your car around 400hp @ 6psi, comes with an air to air intercooler (more effecient than air to water coolers or aftercoolers ahem*vortech*), and I have never read where somebody had a bad experience with one. One negative is they fetch around 4k with a 3 core intercooler, but still not a real bad price.

Blu50Stang

Happiness is being blown
Established Member
FindemorGrindem said:
Don't have one but done alot of research and it looks like ati procharger p1sc is pretty much top notch. It is self contained, relatively quiet for a centrifugal supercharger, will put your car around 400hp @ 6psi, comes with an air to air intercooler (more effecient than air to water coolers or aftercoolers ahem*vortech*), and I have never read where somebody had a bad experience with one. One negative is they fetch around 4k with a 3 core intercooler, but still not a real bad price.

I've never heard a quiet procharger. I've always thought they were the louder of the centrifugal superchargers.

FindemorGrindem

Established Member
they have a video clip on superchargerforless.com of one installed on a corvette. Makes slight/noticeable whine with hood up, at idle and everything quiet. With the rpms pick up it is super silent. And if one had the stereo just up a tad with a nice throaty exhause I bet the evidence of the whole thing would be hard to find. Check out that clip, it amazed me.

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
FindemorGrindem said:

The P1SC is a good blower but there is no way in hell it will make 400 RWHP on 6 psi of boost... It will take at least 8-10 psi to do that on any blower with a little bit of timing...

FYI... I love my Vortech --- 7 years of trouble free service with 5 of them over 550 RWHP...

:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
From everything I have read the twin screw Kenne Bell is best for our year Cobras. It help instantly create torque down low which we lack. The centrifugals have to build up boost, thus more hp in the higher rpms where we already have it.

Blown Venom

Custom Title Goes Here
Established Member
I have a vortech but thats cuz I bought the car with it on there already. If I were to choose I think I would go with the procharger. Its intercooled and self contained. Two big pluses in my book. Not that vortech is bad, its just not intercooled or self contained.

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
Blu50Stang said:
I've never heard a quiet procharger. I've always thought they were the louder of the centrifugal superchargers.

You oughta hear mine with a powerpipe.
drool.gif

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
If I had the cash, I'd go with the V2-SQ cuz its fairly cheap and will put yu over teh 400 RWHP mark with the provided pulley. Enough power to OWN basically 97.462% of the cars out their.....

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
Lots of people of people talk crap about them but I really like both of my KB twin screw s/c Cobras especially my KB 2.2 s/c 94 Cobra.

Last edited:

Blu50Stang

Happiness is being blown
Established Member
raven69david said:
You oughta hear mine with a powerpipe.
drool.gif

Not a fan of noisy Vortechs...I liked em until I stood next to one being tuned(at idle) for 15-20 minutes and had that sound ringing in my ears for ~12 hours.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Shangsta said:
last procharger i heard was definitly not quite at idle or wot

Yeah... That's how I always understood it too.

I had the opportunity to see an 03 with an F1R on it. Oh my God, I would blow my head off if I had to listen to that all the time. I don't care how much power it makes, it was waaaaaay too loud and annoying for a street car.

Last edited:

Jgranga171

1BADSNAKE
Established Member
Just trying to get ideas for my 97. I am doing exhaust and suspension first, but the charger will be right after. Probably looking at one in the next 4-6 months. I want to give the Terminators a run for their money, haha! :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread