• Total voters

NC Mystic

Established Member
no ysi fans?

how do they compare to the F1's

i have a 96 and am still not sure either

Tyler72

Established Member
Eh... for a street car that's going to be driven much, Id go with a D1SC. Set it up for 16-17 lbs and let her eat!!! Should make about 550 to the tires or so.

Noreast

Established Member
Eh... for a street car that's going to be driven much, Id go with a D1SC. Set it up for 16-17 lbs and let her eat!!! Should make about 550 to the tires or so.

Stock block is only good to 450rwhp I thought ? Like 530 crank

Tyler72

Established Member
Stock block is only good to 450rwhp I thought ? Like 530 crank

You are very misinformed... I have personally seen at least 4 teksid blocks handle 700+ rwhp (one was in an 03 cobra that made 775 HP & 900 lb ft on a mustang Dyno!!!) & they handle it just fine. Unless you've got a screwed up tune that causes detonation or something else fails first, you'll never have any issues with the block.

NC Mystic

Established Member
maybe he meant the rotating assembly, that's about what i had heard that was good for here and there

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
You are very misinformed... I have personally seen at least 4 teksid blocks handle 700+ rwhp (one was in an 03 cobra that made 775 HP & 900 lb ft on a mustang Dyno!!!) & they handle it just fine. Unless you've got a screwed up tune that causes detonation or something else fails first, you'll never have any issues with the block.

He's referring to the rotating assembly not the block it's self.. The stock short block is only good to 450ish rwhp..

SpittingCobra

Established Member
I voted Procharger. But if I can say anything about superchargers for this car though it's build your own kit! Forget the factory kit. For a built motor car I'd get an F1 headunit, house of boost bracket, make your own piping, buy a procharger or similar vertical core intercooler, slot style MAF, race bypass, then there's all the attention the fuel system needs......

Choosing a brand is just scratching the surface.. just my opinion, I wasn't extremely happy with how mine turned out, had to change a lot of parts to make it right. Not sure if you're planning to do it yourself or not but we're here to help if you do tackle it. Blower bistro is pretty good for help as well on this subject.

Last edited:

blk96slowbra

Established Member
I voted Procharger. But if I can say anything about superchargers for this car though it's build your own kit! Forget the factory kit. For a built motor car I'd get an F1 headunit, house of boost bracket, make your own piping, buy a procharger or similar vertical core intercooler, slot style MAF, race bypass, then there's all the attention the fuel system needs......

Choosing a brand is just scratching the surface.. just my opinion, I wasn't extremely happy with how mine turned out, had to change a lot of parts to make it right. Not sure if you're planning to do it yourself or not but we're here to help if you do tackle it. Blower bistro is pretty good for help as well on this subject.

I thought about this as well but I don't know a whole lot about engines, supercharges,etc. so I wouldn't know where to start and all the exact parts I would need. I'm getting engine built with forged internals (not sure on compression ratio), cams (probably the comp cams stage 1 blower cams unless there are better options out there).

Users who are viewing this thread