Which stock iso's belong in the rear?

MisterChrome

Established Member
20130821_180143.jpg

I believe the thicker isos, on the right, are the ones that belong in the rear but I wanted to verify with you guys. I lowered my car with H&R Race years ago and left no Isos in the front and 1 set in the rear but now I am going to add the other iso to the rear. Please help

Jefe

Established Member
Correct. If you tried putting the isos on the left in the back, they wouldn't even slip onto the spring coil

Greenwood1982

Established Member
Guys quick question, since were on the subject. My brother lowered my car for me a year ago. He left all isos in the front, and one each in the rear. I asked why, and he responded the rear had fitment issues.....? Should he have left one iso out in the front? I feel like it could be a bit lower...but how much difference is eliminating one iso per spring? I have h&r race springs.

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
1 iso might be 1/4". Any pics of your car now?

What kind of fitment issues? Probably the same as mentioned above, the iso wouldn't go on around the coils. Wrong type of iso most likely. There are sleeve isos that slip on the end of the spring like in this pic:

IMG_20130927_153305_zpse3d5b3d6.jpg

Jefe

Established Member
Looks the same on both sides? Probably right around 27.25" up to the fender on the front. You dont rub now through dips? Ya I would take the isos out if you want more drop but you wont get more than 1/2" if you have 2 to remove. Just wrap the ends of the springs in some sort of tape so there's no metal to metal contact.

Greenwood1982

Established Member
I guess I was more less asking how the drop looked.....do you think it is proportional the way it is...or needs more drop?

Jefe

Established Member
Looks fairly even to me. The back end might be a tad higher. I would take some isos out front and rear though to get it a little lower

MisterChrome

Established Member
I guess I was more less asking how the drop looked.....do you think it is proportional the way it is...or needs more drop?

Your setup looks nice but for a more aggressive stance I'd remove the front isos. I was running no isos in the front and 1 rear and it looked nice with a little rake. I added the 2nd iso in the rear recently just to be safe from rubbing bc i got larger rear tires. Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread