Which Springs for my 95 GT?

Stephen93Cobra

1993 SVT Cobra
Established Member
I'm putting 18x9 and 18x10.5 Saleens on my GT and I need to know which springs would give me the best stance and best ride? H&R, Kenny Brown, or Eibachs? I would really appriciate the help! I would like to see some pics of some rides to kinda give me an idea too!

Thanks,
Stephen

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
I've had Tokicos and now have H&R Race springs. It really depends on what you want out of them. How low, how stiff, progressive or linear rate? Need more info to make a good recommendation.

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
SKMCOBRA said:
I've had Tokicos and now have H&R Race springs. It really depends on what you want out of them. How low, how stiff, progressive or linear rate? Need more info to make a good recommendation.

dont mean to hijack.....info might come in handy for him:

what springs do you recommend that have good comfort, handle bad ass when you need them too, and gives you a good drop as well....enough to close the gap a bit with 17" wheels......whats the difference between progressive and linear??
progressive is stiffer right??? details?? lol :banana: :beer:

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
RoadZOmbie said:
dont mean to hijack.....info might come in handy for him:

what springs do you recommend that have good comfort, handle bad ass when you need them too, and gives you a good drop as well....enough to close the gap a bit with 17" wheels......whats the difference between progressive and linear??
progressive is stiffer right??? details?? lol :banana: :beer:
Linear spring rates mean that the the springs rate remains the same regardless of the downforce applied to them. A progressive rate spring gets stiffer as you compress it. Progressive springs are typically more suited for a street car, however my H&R Race springs begin with a 750lb rate and go to 850lbs. A good streetable rate would be something that starts around 600lbs and increases about 100lbs. The Bullitt springs are this rate, but only lower your car about 1" average. You just need to call the manufacturers or go to their websites to find out what the avg lowering on a V8 Mustang is. Steeda's, H&R's, Tokico, & Eibach's all have good reports. They average anywhere from 1-2" avg drops depending on the type you choose. If you drop more than an inch you are going to need c/c plates to adjust your camber or you'll be wearing out the inside of your tires quick on a street car.

supermech21

Established Member
I have ridden in a stock 95 with cut stock springs and the same car with Eibachs....eibachs are far nicer, the stock cut springs are extremely bouncy....car looked beautiful with some 17's...i know thats not what you asked but just trying to help

100_0898.gif

and another
100_1197.gif

These pics were taken when the car had CUT STOCK SPRINGS, it did rub....but good god it looked good and the rear was so easy to change out, 15 min job!!!

Last edited:

Stephen93Cobra

1993 SVT Cobra
Established Member
I'm going with the Eibach sportlines and putting new mm isolators and mm caster-camber plates! Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread