which spark plug

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
alright guys back when i ordered all my stuff from lethal i asked what plug they recommended for my setup. i thought they said the TR6 but looking back at my order im currently running the NGK BR7EF's. i wanted to order a fresh set of plugs so what would you guys recommend? the TR6 V-power, TR6 iridium or just stay with the same ones im currently running?

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
Good deal thanks fellas. Just curious are u guys running the iridiums or v power ones??

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Funny, I had spark blowout with TR6's switched to BR7EF's and it went away.. every car is different. I suggest to just stick with what is working for you.

604cobra

lethal1
Established Member
copper tr6
2012-11-11_17-01-22_535.jpg

Beffastang

Established Member
Either one is a good choice I'm running a 3.4 whipple crusher with 25lbs of boost on my car on E-85 I'm currently running the BR7EF's gapped a .020 and my car runs perfect. The BR7EF's are a one step colder burning plug than the TR6's. I had TR6's I'm my car with my ported eaton and they worked perfect.when I put the whipple on my car with them in gapped at .028 I had spark jump so we put the BR7EF's in and gapped them at .020 and it ran perfect. For your set up I would stay with the BR7EF's and gap them at .020 and I guarantee that it will run perfect. We also could of gapped my TR6's at .020 and they probably would have been fine, but the BR7EF's come pre gapped at .024 they are ment to have a tight gap and they are a colder burning plug so it just seemed like the better choice to go with them.

TVSCobra

Established Member
TR6, TR7IX and BR7EFs have always worked well for me. Currently using the BR7EF at .032 gap.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Tr6's here as well. At what interval are y'all running higher boost replacing them is the question.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
The non iridiums are so cheap and the plug swap so easy I have no problem changing every 6 months if I'm bored. But I have gone a year no problem. My experience running tr6 and br7ef back to back with a datalog is the tr6s run .3 leaner on the lc1 wide band with absolutely no tuning change. Both plugs gapped .026 running 22psi e85. Idle and low speed drivability was identical. The car feels a bit stronger with the tr6s, but no dyno sheet to prove that. But I do believe others that have dynod with similar setup have shown a few more ponies with the tr6

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^ God I want to say that there is dyno comparison somewhere between the 7's and the 6's the 6's made more power.. I know that. BUT for me safety is key..

Users who are viewing this thread