which sounds better???

THEWOODKING

what do you guys think sounds better one is with my catback and one is without with just catted midpipe.....i think the vids dont show how big the difference is in person owell...let me guys know what you think...

th_P1010671.jpg

th_P1010672.jpg

tbizzle

Established Member
i think the catback setup sounds pretty good. i'm not even a fan of flowmasters, but that sounds pretty decent

THEWOODKING

so u guys think with the catback it sounds better??? honestly the vids do not do justice to what it sounds like without the catback....

CobraG

Established Member
I like the way these cars sound without catbacks/mufflers, that's what I was running in the states, can't do it here in Germany. They sound so free without mufflers, the mufflers seem to restrict them, I thought that today when I revved my car.
Hopefully soon I'll have my o/r h paired with my flows and it'll sound better, but right now it sounds like it is bottled up, contained, if that makes sense.

THEWOODKING

CobraG said:
I like the way these cars sound without catbacks/mufflers, that's what I was running in the states, can't do it here in Germany. They sound so free without mufflers, the mufflers seem to restrict them, I thought that today when I revved my car.
Hopefully soon I'll have my o/r h paired with my flows and it'll sound better, but right now it sounds like it is bottled up, contained, if that makes sense.

cobra g i totally thought the exact same once i removed the catback

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I like the sound without the catback, but then again that's less backpressure. Not to mention empty holes in the bumper

281DOHC

Established Member
the second video would probaly do more justice if you moved the camera towards the front of the car seeing as how the exhaust isnt coming from the tail pipes, sounded quiter in the second clip noise was futher away(in my opionion) and about the w/o mufflers i have always been told that your not gaining anything and probaly taking away horsepower becuase you need back pressure unless your turbocharged or supercharged.

again i am not the most knowledgable person on this issue just what i have heard.

every man has his own taste got to imagine it sounds good opened up like that though

2FST4GM

Established Member
Flowmasters! That's always been my preference though going back to my 5.0 days. These cars also sound awesome with the same combo (Flows & H-pipe).

CobraG

Established Member
sounds badass without in person

It does, I'd do it again if I could, and with gears I don't think there would be a noticealbe difference in hp loss. Also, I still had tail pipes, there was just a pipe welded in where the mufflers used to be.
I say go with the straight pipes man, I would, I turned a lot of heads and got a lot of compliments and request for revs when I had mine that way. Even older people asked me to rev it :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread