Which shortblock would you build on, MMR or CHP?

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
So I'm looking into building up a shortblock as a project for my 01 Cobra because I keep running into problems ever since I had my stock block rebuilt. I will be throwing my Vortech and Intercooler on the new block whichever it is. Any experiences with either block mentioned below would be appreciated and any and all comments are welcomed.

I've been looking at two blocks: the Modular Mustang Racing "Aluminator Shortblock Killer"

$2799 MMR 4.6 Street Mod 800 (up to 800HP) 2V, 3V or 4V

"The Aluminator Shortblock Killer"

This MMR shortblock uses stronger parts and handcrafted precision, not assembly line assembly techniques like the Aluminator ford blocks

*Brand New Cast Iron 2004 Cobra Block, torque plate bored and honed

*New 4340 Forged 3.543 stroke Cobra Crankshaft w/micro polished journals at no extra charge

*New 4340 5.933 MMR 800HP H-beam Rods w/ARP rod bolts ( These rods are shotpeened, magnafluxed and weight matched to bring you the finest H-beam rod available for your 4.6)

*New Forged Manley pistons (High or low compression)

*Speed Pro file fit rings (precision file fit to your application, nitrous, blower, turbo or N/A)

* Clevite tri-metal Rod and ACL Performance Main bearings

*Complete Pro Assembly and Balancing for the smoothest, highest revving shortblock available, Pre-Lubricated with Royal Purple Assembly Lube and spin tested. Lastly 3 technicians sign off on your new engine prior to packaging and crating

AND the Coast High Performance Pro-Street

$2779 CHP Pro-Street Short Block - Ford 4.6L - Dish Top -4.5cc

The Pro Street Series of CHP Short Blocks are high performance street Strip engines. We rate the Pro Street Series as being perfect for applications up to a 600 Horse Power operating range. They provide an excellent level of reliability in a brutal environment.

CHP PRO STREET Short Blocks Include:

Probe Industries SRS Forged Pistons (2618-T61)
Probe Industries Forged 4340 Steel Crankshaft
Probe Industries H-Beam Connecting Rods
Clevite Perfect Circle Rings
Clevite 77 Main P-Bearings
Clevite 77 Rod P-Bearings
Fully Machined and Inspected Factory Block
Balanced
Blueprinted
Assembled to exacting tolerances and Inspected by CHP Master Engine Builders

Thanks again for the input.

Users who are viewing this thread