Which shock

DailyBlown

Established Member
I have a 04 L that is lowered with the Hotckis kit and has Hellwig sway bars. I want to replace all the shocks and was thinking about the Hotckis/ Billstein shocks or the QA1s. It is a daily driver and doesn't see much track time. I would like somewhat of a smoother ride if possible since the ride is stiffer than I anticipated. So which is the best option for me?

DailyBlown

Established Member
I am kinda surprised I haven't had any feed back. Has anyone got the Hotchkis/ bilstein shock and if so, are you happy with it? I am a little apprehensive to buy the QA1s since I read about how many failed on Tim Skeltons website. Anyone else have this experience?

Jakob5115

Established Member
I have a 04 L that is lowered with the Hotckis kit and has Hellwig sway bars. I want to replace all the shocks and was thinking about the Hotckis/ Billstein shocks or the QA1s. It is a daily driver and doesn't see much track time. I would like somewhat of a smoother ride if possible since the ride is stiffer than I anticipated. So which is the best option for me?

I'm in the same boat. I'm just going to buy the Bilsteins and maybe shock extensions. Too many questions about the QA-1's and mostly good reviews for the Bilsteins. I wish they made a set specific for lowered Lightnings though instead of having to add the extension and call it good enough.

Bell-Tech Shock Extensions at LightningForcePerformance.com - Your American Muscle Parts Depot

Sucks you don't get more feedback on this site...

oilwell1415

Established Member
I love my QA1s, no problems at all. But I don't drive it that much. They've been on four about 4 years and maybe have 4k miles on them with most of that being on the track or on the way to the track.

Tex Arcana

Established Member
I've got the QA1's, and they suck. One has broken, I've tried to find someone to repair it, but no on can be bothered to reply to my phone calls or emails, so they're gonna be gone soon. I still have my original bilsteins with about 50k on them, I may toss them on to get that right front to stop bouncing, til I find a decent replacement set that'll have a decent combo of ride and performance.

Users who are viewing this thread