Which Shifter???

Daddys GT500

Established Member
Okay I am sure this has been done to death, tried to "search" that was a nightmare.....

So going to have the Tranny TSB done, and want to drop in a new shifter.

1) Steeda Tri-Ax
2) Hurst
3) Pro 5.0
4) KR shifter

There seems to be no clear-cut opinion...so any input would be appreciated, thank you. The management :D

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
I drove a 6060 with a Pro 5.0 it was easy and precise. I have not experience with the others you mention.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
i like the KR shifter feels stock, but works much better

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Shelby Perf. Parts Billet.

Mfg. by Scott Drake.

Shop carefully; should be able to find it just under $300.

Retains rubber shift handle isolator; super smooth, billet feel. Still direct feeling; not mushy. Can use the stock handle or any other handle that will bolt into the place of the stocker (can't do that with other brands).

Shelby 6-Speed Short Shifter (07-09 GT500) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Shelby 6-Speed Short Shifter (07-09 GT500) [***12501] - $309.99 : SS Inserts, Automotive Accessories, Mustang, Corvette, Challenger, Charger, Camaro

The FRPP KR shifter is just a re-ratio'd stocker. Same flimsy construction; but fine for street use/cruising.

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
+1 I got the Shelby Shifter billet from Scott Drake. Its a very awsome unit and perfect for Street or Strip. See my post from last week on this. I got mine from American Muscle and it was here fast and not that hard to install.

Shifter Choice....http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelby-gt500-150/672718-shifter-choice.html

Page 2 has some good comparison pics. The KR shifter looks just like a stock unit.

Last edited:

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Any pics of the 5.0 installed? TIA!

The first pic is off of the AM website
mustangtuning2093260022.jpg

dsc03492i.jpg

dsc6217a.jpg

I think it's impossible to miss 3rd with this thing.

hollowch

Mr. The Squirrel
Established Member
I bought the Steeda Tri Ax w/ chrome hurst stick and cue ball shifter from EVO... sorry havent put it in yet but from what I hear you can't go wrong with it.

Users who are viewing this thread