Which Shell URT would you guys reccomend for a stock 13' GT-500

ford13

Established Member
I am wondering what you guys think? 100 URT, 105 URT or 115 URT Advanced?
All of your input would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Larry

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
For a bone stock car?
93-octane.
An increase in octane is going to adversely impact power by slowing the burn in the cylinder to the extent that ignition is not occurring at the optimal point.
S.

Van@RevanRacing

For a bone stock car?
93-octane.
An increase in octane is going to adversely impact power by slowing the burn in the cylinder to the extent that ignition is not occurring at the optimal point.
S.

True. However winterized Ethanol blended fuels I'd still consider URT100 because the motor octane is 95. Unless you have a test kit you never know what fuel you get at the pump.

Also, how long wil you remain stock? :lol:

Nickoli

Established Member
For a bone stock car?
93-octane.
S.

You must not know anything about the URT advance then. This fuel is on a whole new level, taking what is previously known and throwing it out the window. Pretty much, you cannot over octane with it. I plan on running the URT advanced in my car especially when I'm pushing it. Also, from what I understand, the wideband O2 sensors and knock sensors will add timing for the better fuel.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
You must not know anything about the URT advance then. This fuel is on a whole new level, taking what is previously known and throwing it out the window. Pretty much, you cannot over octane with it. I plan on running the URT advanced in my car especially when I'm pushing it. Also, from what I understand, the wideband O2 sensors and knock sensors will add timing for the better fuel.
I'm familar with the Shell fuel. It's in my '03 Cobra making 800 rwhp through a Turbo 400. It's great because it has similar stoich as C16, but is unleaded and won't kill O2's.
You can over-octane with ANY fuel, even if it's unleaded. And I'm pretty sure that the PCM isn't going to just add timing to increase horsepower based on increased octane levels. The knock sensors are there as a safety measure, not as a means to increase timing.
I'm did not know that knock sensors and O2's would tell the PCM to add timing and increase power over the factory tune based on octane level. I'd like to ask some tuners about that.
S.

ford13

Established Member
True. However winterized Ethanol blended fuels I'd still consider URT100 because the motor octane is 95. Unless you have a test kit you never know what fuel you get at the pump.

Also, how long wil you remain stock? :lol:

It probably wont be stock for very long Van. I am gonna do the CF intake tube and a resonator delete, x-pipe and headers. two bobs oil separators. maybe a tune too I'm not too sure yet.

ford13

Established Member
shellurt001.jpg

shellurt2001.jpg

shellurt3001.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread