• LG1

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • TRS

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WhiteSnakeEyes

Established Member
Well, I'm into posting up all these polls lately. After the last poll, I've decided to go with seats and harnesses. But I can't decide which seats. I need opinions on looks and comfort. I'm debating between the Corbeau CR1(may have to do the wide version on this due to the specs on it), LG1, or TRS all in black leather. Opinions?

Also, I'm gonna go with the 5 point harness..should I have them add the 5th slot in the seat or just run it in front of the seat?

CR1
CorbeauCR1.gif

LG1
CorbeauLG1.gif

TRS
CorbeauTRS.gif

Last edited:

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Post picturess!! [too lazy to check for myself] lol

but my answer will remain the same

"whichever one is lightest"

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I like the TRS, it looks wider than the others around the waist so if your a bigger guy that mght be better.

95riosnake

Established Member
Another vote for TRS, I have the cloth ones and really like them. I'm 5'10" and 180lbs with pretty broad shoulders and they are very comfortable. On longer trips (3+ hours) the upper side bolsters tend to make my shoulders a bit uncomfortable sometimes though. If that's a problem, I believe they offer the TRS in a wide version as well. You could get a wide one for the driver and a regular one for the passenger. This all depends how big of a guy you are though.

WhiteSnakeEyes

Established Member
I'm tall, not big...6'5" 210. But I still want them comfortable for passengers too b/c i have a good many passengers that ride with me.

I was thinking it was gonna be between the LG1 and the TRS. Anyone have personal experience on the fitment of these seats in our cars and which one will hold up better?

95riosnake

Established Member
Anyone have personal experience on the fitment of these seats in our cars and which one will hold up better?

I used the stock seat tracks to mount mine. The passenger side bolted up with no modifications, and on the driver's side, I just made some adapters out of 1/4" thick 2" wide flat stock to bolt the power track to the seat. All they consisted of were 4 pieces of steel about 3" long with two bolt holes drilled in them at the correct spacing to adapt to the track.

You can also get tracks from Corbeau but they aren't cheap. There's also a company called Wedge Engineering that I have heard people talk about that makes tracks to mount most seats into most vehicles, so they should have something for your needs.

CJK440

Established Member
I used the stock seat tracks to mount mine. The passenger side bolted up with no modifications, and on the driver's side, I just made some adapters out of 1/4" thick 2" wide flat stock to bolt the power track to the seat. All they consisted of were 4 pieces of steel about 3" long with two bolt holes drilled in them at the correct spacing to adapt to the track.

Do these aftermarket seats all mount the same? If you were able to use the stock tracks for a Corbeau, could you do the same for Recaro and/or Sparco?

I've got one new Sparco seat that I was selling because while I like it, I can't justify another $600 for a second seat and another $200 for the tracks/sliders on top of that.

If I can get away using the stock tracks then maybe thats a different story....

But back to the choices, the TRS looks like a nice choice and the cheapest of the three.

Last edited:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I'd encouage you to find somewhere that has them on display and sit in each of them, and not for just 30 seconds. What looks nice and comfortable may not always be true...

I will say though, based off of the photographs, I like the TRS seats the best.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
I'd encouage you to find somewhere that has them on display and sit in each of them, and not for just 30 seconds. What looks nice and comfortable may not always be true...

Going to have to agree with your entire post sir. :burnout:

What are the ballpark prices on those anyways? Stock seats suck...

WhiteSnakeEyes

Established Member

I called and found 1 dealer that has some corbeau seats on display. He has the LG1 and the TRS. So I'm gonna go look at those 2 and try them out on saturday.

Going to have to agree with your entire post sir. :burnout:

What are the ballpark prices on those anyways? Stock seats suck...

I can get the all leather LG1 for 575 a seat shipped...not sure about the all leather TRS yet.

WhiteSnakeEyes

Established Member
Alright...called and got an official price i can get on both seats. The 100% leather lg1 and 100% leather trs are both $575 shipped each. He said the reason they are the same is b/c he can get me a better deal on the LG1's b/c he sells more of them.

95riosnake

Established Member
The only thing I don't like about the LG1's is the shape/style of the belt holes. I prefer two separate, larger ones instead.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I had the A4's in my old GT and loved them. So comfortable and did not move at all when flying around corners.

I've sat in the CR1's and TRS's and liked my A4's better by far. The TRS has no internal support of the bolsters, so they are just kinda floppy. The CR1 has the internal bracing like the A4, but I like the shape of the A4 much better. Plus the CR1's leg bolsters are too big for my taste. I'm 5'11" and around 200lbs, 34" waist and I fit perfectly in the regular size A4.

WhiteSnakeEyes

Established Member
I had the A4's in my old GT and loved them. So comfortable and did not move at all when flying around corners.

I've sat in the CR1's and TRS's and liked my A4's better by far. The TRS has no internal support of the bolsters, so they are just kinda floppy. The CR1 has the internal bracing like the A4, but I like the shape of the A4 much better. Plus the CR1's leg bolsters are too big for my taste. I'm 5'11" and around 200lbs, 34" waist and I fit perfectly in the regular size A4.

hmm...guess i never really considered the A4. It does look really good and comfortable. I actually like the looks better than the CR1. Damn it! too many choices. haha

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
The A4 is pretty much a direct copy of the Sparco Torino. I've seen and sat in the Sparcos and I actually like the Corbeau better.

If I was keeping my car, I'd have a FX1 Pro drivers seat and a A4 passenger seat.

Users who are viewing this thread