Which Sealant........?

RC-5.0

Established Member
...are you able to wipe on and wipe off, then layer or top with wax without waiting for curing?

I use Adam's Super Machine Sealant, which requires 30 mins cure time, the 24 hours cure time after wiping before topping.

I know The New Adams Sealant claims you can top immediately.

I hear a lot of good things about Klasse, but that also requires 8-12 hours curing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
RC

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
This is what I have used. It does not mention anything in the instructions about top coating with wax that I am aware of.
http://www.autogeek.net/chemical-guys-jetseal-109.html
Jet seal works great and I top with wax about an hour or so after wiping off the second coat. I have not had any problems what so ever. With that said I have not used Adam's machine sealant and can't compare the two.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
I use blackfire wet diamond. i apply and let sit overnight. then wipe off and dont do anything for car for at 8 hours. if another coat is wanted repeat same steps and let sit overnight again. Ive seen the longer you let blackfire sit the better shine and easier to remove

RC-5.0

Established Member
I use blackfire wet diamond. i apply and let sit overnight. then wipe off and dont do anything for car for at 8 hours. if another coat is wanted repeat same steps and let sit overnight again. Ive seen the longer you let blackfire sit the better shine and easier to remove

That's kind of what I didn't want in my question.

02Toner

Established Member
Finish Kare 100P. Super easy on/off application, with a great shine and amazing glass like feel, with amazing durability.

The only downside is the lack of "warmth" you get from some natural carnauba waxes, but you can top with any wax of your choice. :coolman:

UncleDan

Established Member
I guess it would all depend on how long you want it to last and how much time you've got on your hands to apply it. If you want the longest lasting protection possible then I would chose a good machine sealant. Personally, I'm sick of applying sealants by machine. It takes a long time to apply, cure, and buff, and I've got better things to do.

Garry Dean has a new product called "Juice Boost" designed to seal the car as you wash it with his wash method. Although I haven't tried it yet, I do use his Beyond Infinity Sealant, which is a simple spray sealant that you mist onto a microfiber towel and apply. No buffing required. Will something like that last as long as a strong machine sealant? No. But I get a good 3 months out of this stuff, and I've sealed the car several times and haven't even used half of the little 2 ounce bottle yet.

mcate

Established Member
Every sealant I've used requires approx 12-24 hrs for proper bonding. I know technology is ever changing, but I'm not sure I'd trust one that doesn't require a specified time to bond.

Last edited:

chrisfromnj

Established Member
This is what I have used. It does not mention anything in the instructions about top coating with wax that I am aware of.
http://www.autogeek.net/chemical-guys-jetseal-109.html
Jet seal works great and I top with wax about an hour or so after wiping off the second coat. I have not had any problems what so ever. With that said I have not used Adam's machine sealant and can't compare the two.

while this sealant is great, you really should wait the proper amount of cure time (at least 12 hours, 24 recommended) before you apply wax.

8gtoklr

Established Member
Heres Jet seals per CG:

How to Use:

1. Pour a small amount onto applicator or microfiber pad and apply to entire vehicle in a thin, even coat.
2. Jet Seal will bond with clean paint surfaces within 15 minutes.
3. Once removed allow 20 min. time and apply a second layer to assure even coverage.
4. If you prefer, you can apply this product with your PC or Dual Action polisher and a finishing pad.
5. Work at a speed no greater than 4.5 and do not apply pressure.
6. Use a microfiber towel to wipe down when done.

chrisfromnj

Established Member
Heres Jet seals per CG:

How to Use:

1. Pour a small amount onto applicator or microfiber pad and apply to entire vehicle in a thin, even coat.
2. Jet Seal will bond with clean paint surfaces within 15 minutes.
3. Once removed allow 20 min. time and apply a second layer to assure even coverage.
4. If you prefer, you can apply this product with your PC or Dual Action polisher and a finishing pad.
5. Work at a speed no greater than 4.5 and do not apply pressure.
6. Use a microfiber towel to wipe down when done.

CG's site isn't always accurate. For instance if you watch the video that's on the product page he says wait 20 minutes to buff off.

When it comes to CG's product information I tend to trust 3rd party sources and detailer reviews over their site. I believe the label says differently in terms of cure time as well.

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
while this sealant is great, you really should wait the proper amount of cure time (at least 12 hours, 24 recommended) before you apply wax.

what will happen if you apply wax 1 hour after buffing off second coat per CGs instructions? I just did my wifes GT when the protowax came in the detail box and her car has had at least 6 inches of rain rained on it. (some rain while sitting at work and some rain while she was driving down the highway) I have washed it 4 times and it beads up and looks just like it did when i first sealed and waxed it a month or so ago. If anything I would think if you apply the wax to soon, the wax may not bond to the sealant and would wash off sooner than it normally would. To me it seems like the worse case I would just need to apply another coat of wax.

chrisfromnj

Established Member
what will happen if you apply wax 1 hour after buffing off second coat per CGs instructions? I just did my wifes GT when the protowax came in the detail box and her car has had at least 6 inches of rain rained on it. (some rain while sitting at work and some rain while she was driving down the highway) I have washed it 4 times and it beads up and looks just like it did when i first sealed and waxed it a month or so ago. If anything I would think if you apply the wax to soon, the wax may not bond to the sealant and would wash off sooner than it normally would. To me it seems like the worse case I would just need to apply another coat of wax.

Yeah, that's basically what happens. It may weaken the sealant's bond too, causing it to not last as long.

1hot281

Established Member
Zaino Z-2 Pro, with ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator

Though, when you're done with the Zaino, you may not even bother topping it with anything else.

RC-5.0

Established Member
LOL i mean you can wipe on blackfire and wipe off and on but results wont be as well as let overnight sorry if you didnt want to here that LOL
I forgive you :bash: HAHA...you have lots of good stuff to add in this forum. I don't mind if I have to let it cure for before buffing, I just dont want to wait till next day to apply waxy
Finish Kare 100P. Super easy on/off application, with a great shine and amazing glass like feel, with amazing durability.

The only downside is the lack of "warmth" you get from some natural carnauba waxes, but you can top with any wax of your choice. :coolman:
I don't need warmth..I have a silver car and usually will follow with wax anyway.
Every sealant I've used requires approx 12-24 hrs for proper bonding. I know technology is ever changing, but I'm not sure I'd trust one that doesn't require a specified time to bond.
Adams NEW sealant claims not, and I trust their stuff, but this is a little pricey

RC

Bullitt 3309

Established Member
OP if you really want your mind blow try CarPro Hydr02. You spray it on your car after you wash and rinse, then hose it off using high pressure and wala sealed for 90 days...

Users who are viewing this thread