Which rear seat delete kit should I get????

Scott 01Cobra

have bling will travel
Established Member
This is too general for a specific forum so here is goes.

I want to install a RSD on my 01 Convert.

I plan to also have 4 pt. harnesses when I get my new seats and I want to run the mounts somewhere to the back.

Can you guys tell me which RSD are the best. This is a show car so the finish has to be sweet. Also, I will need to pull the center seat belts through the RSD because the tonneau covers use the seat belt center to lock down, so a kit that allows this would help.

Thanks in advance.

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Scott:

Based on the fact that you need access to the middle seat belts for the Tonneau cover you are pretty much talking about a custom RSD. Also if you are going to use a harness that bolts up to the rear seat mounting points like the Schroth 4 pt or 3 pt then you will run into the same problem with seat belt mounting point access. All of the currently offered RSD's like the one from PHP, Yellow Mustang Registry, and the few others available will not allow access for what you need...

Sorry buddy but like most of the stuff in your car, this one will also have to be custom !!!

Here is another site for RSD's:

http://www.tractionlimitedracing.com/12189.html

I hope that helps some...

Brad99Cobra

Established Member
Have it custom built, Scott. Go to some stereo shops and see if they can't do one in fiberglass so you can get it painted and clearcoated. Maybe even mount your nitrous bottle on it, and have it also painted to match.

The out-of-the-box RSD's are nothing special and you can make one in a couple hours by yourself.

Cya,
Brad

Scott 01Cobra

have bling will travel
Established Member
Thanks guys ....

The main thing I like about some of the "out of the box" units is they come with Carpet. Since this will be used as my trunk and will need to hold travel bags ..... tonneau covers .... ect, I would like it carpetted. This is why I have not considered paint or something else.

I suppose I could get a stereo shop to build a custom one - I actually have had a couple trick things done at an interior auto specialty place - perhaps that is the way to go. They are very pricey but do good work .....

Hmmmmm, I'll think about it!

Users who are viewing this thread