Which Quadrant Should I Get?

steve04cobra

Established Member
I was wondering which Clutch Quadrant I should get from Steeda "Double Hook Quadrant" or "Quick Release Quadrant"...What do you guys think?...

Fat-cat

Established Member
i have the double hook ... and a shitty upr firewall adj ... cant lock that thing to save my life... going to put a Fore one in at some point this season... just not sure when lol

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Are you getting the Firewall Adjuster too?

I already have the Fiore firewall adjuster. It seems with the spec 3+ and the steel flywheel my adjuster is screwed almost all the way out. Ordered another clutch cable and it's the exact same way. So I got the double hook to hopefully put the adjuster back in the middle.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I was wondering which Clutch Quadrant I should get from Steeda "Double Hook Quadrant" or "Quick Release Quadrant"...What do you guys think?...

Neither- you should get the Fiore billet aluminum quadrant (mainly because I'm going to be selling one this weekend)... :lol1:

black 10th vert

Established Member
I already have the Fiore firewall adjuster. It seems with the spec 3+ and the steel flywheel my adjuster is screwed almost all the way out. Ordered another clutch cable and it's the exact same way. So I got the double hook to hopefully put the adjuster back in the middle.

Brian,

Someone (I forgot who) either Jimmy sidecar, or Largeorangefont posted instructions on how to fix that issue with the stock cable. In most of the instructions it tells you to cut that plastic part off of the cable end to install in the adjuster, but that makes it interfere with the valve covers under acceleration, and can affect shifting (plus makes you have the situation you mentioned). I followed the setup in that thread (where you leave that part on, and it works awesome! Brings your adjuster right into a perfect range. Don't buy a new quadrant unless you already modified the new cable. I was able to put that bushing back on (after reading that thread), because I had only slit it with a hack saw blade.

good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread