Which pumps are the same size as the GT Supercar pumps?

omj

Established Member
I have a Fore hat with GT Supercar pumps. I'm planning on switching to a return style system. Can I get some recommendations on E85 compatible pumps that will fit my hat?

omj

Established Member
I'm not sure if I have the old or new pump. That was why I mentioned the size of the GT pumps. I've got a 323 bb/stroker w/ ported heads, custom cams and supporting mods + a Ti trim supercharger. I'm going to put as much boost as I can into it.

JeremyH

Established Member
Most new e85 pumps (340's 400's etc) are slightly fatter so to answer your question only direct fit would be a gss (gerotor 255 walbro, which doesn't get you anymore flow. Older hats had completely enclosed pump holders with two oring's to isolate the pump body from the aluminum of the hat to prevent electrolysis and used hose and clamps so the hat needs machined and new rings to fit a bigger pump in most cases. The newer hats have no hose or clamps and open pump composite material pump holders to accommodate multiple pump options easier. So if you have the older hat may be looking at an updated hat with the 465 pumps to kick off your switch to return and then sell that twin gt pump returnless hat. Fore was doing an upgrade program for awhile too, so give them a shout may be able to save a few bucks there as well.

Users who are viewing this thread