Which pulley to use on Apten Eaton?

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
I am in a bit of a dilemma here as to what pulley to use on the Apten Eaton. There are pros and cons to each one. Can you guys just throw in your opinion as to which one I should use and why?

2.93-----The pulley I am running now, the test would be scientific, since I have numbers with the 2.93, it's easier on the blower, more efficient, less heat.

2.76-----Should I go for big numbers with this pulley? I DO have the Heat Exchanger, no cooling fans though, maybe there will be belt slip? Overspin the blower? Less efficient? I know I'll make gobs of torque, but what about horsepower?

I was looking at the 2.76 I have in my room last night, so it got me to thinking. Should I run it full time? Or do the costs outweigh the benefits?

Any opinions would be appreciated. Dyno Day is a week from tomorrow, the 15th.

ALA G8R

Banned
I would go with the 2.93 for the reasons you mentioned. You will get a new performance baseline and make sure the ported M112 meets your expectations and the tune is solid.

Then move to the 2.76 at a later date, like the day after.

My $0.02.

Last edited:

Snake'n Kitty

SVT Guy
Established Member
Seems to me, from all I've seen here and on the modularfords forum, that you'll get more peak and low-end torque from the 2.76 pulley, but the gains up-top are a wash between the 2.93 and the 2.76. While the eaton may flow a little more air with the 2.76 @ 6500 rpm, the HP required to spin the blower faster cancels out the gain.

My 2 cents...

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by Snake'n Kitty
While the eaton may flow a little more air with the 2.76 @ 6500 rpm, the HP required to spin the blower faster cancels out the gain.
Most pullied Cobras shift well before 6500. I have a 2.90 and get the best results from shifting a tad over 6000. When comparing blower rpms use 6000 instead of 6500.

I say go slap on the 2.76 and feel the powa!!!

Shoey

www.modularfords.com
Established Member
Then move to the 2.76 at a later date, like the day after.

My $0.02. [/B][/QUOTE]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rwick7

Established Member
I don't know Jim...apparently cool air does though, it made 485 and 465 fully warmed up and on a muggy day on a dyno here.

You know who dynoed it before they started working on it and it made those other numbers.

I made 455 and 472 with the IRS, 2.93 and cool air and stock blower

tommygun

Established Member
Originally posted by StlBlack03
2.85 on my car just made 495 and 520 SAE

I saw it for myself :beer:

a/f was great and the apton wanted to go even more rpm

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Originally posted by StlBlack03
I don't know Jim...apparently cool air does though, it made 485 and 465 fully warmed up and on a muggy day on a dyno here.

You know who dynoed it before they started working on it and it made those other numbers.

I made 455 and 472 with the IRS, 2.93 and cool air and stock blower

That's good.. I am waiting on mine also..Great that you got such good results..:beer:

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
Hmmmmm, seems like the jury is still out here. I think I will go with the 2.93 to start with and maybe switch later on. I WANT 500rwhp with the 2.93!!!!!! We will see, who knows?

Users who are viewing this thread