Which Programmer

marcoc

Established Member
I have a 1999 Cobra with 4:10 gears, flowmaster catback, short shifter, and subframe connectors, and need a programmer to adjust for the gears. I have a Diablosport Predator for my Dodge Hemi truck and it made a noticeable difference. I am in between SCT and Diablosport. I want a handheld plug in tuner to clear codes, add a bit of HP, adjust for gears, and maybe log. I don't want a custom tune just basic tune. I found Predators for $260 and SCT over $350. Is there much of a difference? Any preference for any particular reasons? Thanks.

pbeechner

Established Member
I have an SCT Livewire which is one of the more expensive versions (~$500) and it is pretty awesome. With the BAMA tunes, my car runs really smooth and with a noticeable difference in power. It is good for logging and getting that data on your PC. It also has aux inputs for things like boost and wideband. I had a diablosport tuner and it was pretty poor. The SCT also comes with free tunes for life from BAMA if you get it on AM..... I'd go with the SCT. Just my .02

01yellercobra

Established Member
I've only dealt with SCT. I have a couple buddies that use Diablo and haven't had issues. My advice would be to find out what the local trusted tuner uses. You may not want a custom tune right now, but that might change later on.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

01yellercobra

Established Member
Unless you're running nitrous or E85 and want a seperate tune for them and pump gas I can't really see the need for the flip chip.

marcoc

Established Member
OK so it seems like the handheld tuner is still the best choice. looking at the Bama tunes from AM but still all SCT look to be over $350:shrug: budget is difficult considering i have to repaint my rear bumper, rebuild my rear diff, and replace shocks/struts/springs not to mention 7 month old taking all my funds

Last edited:

shurur

Established Member
I've looked at this subject for a while now. And am leaning toward the BAMA now. My 2 cents. Someday when I have mods worth getting a tune for..

redrocket16

Established Member
SCT makes a "Chip" that programs can be changed on the fly via a switch is this any good?

Chips can be good, but if the chip looses connection then you can see how that would be a bad thing, a car tuned and built for a specific tune that is no longer there.

SCT is what is used around here and it was just as advertised.

Users who are viewing this thread