Which PC kit to buy??

MysticDan

Established Member
Since there are so many different PC kits with different products i would like some suggestions on which one to buy. My Mystic does have some light swirls showing hence why i am doing this! It does not see alot of miles but does sit outside alot when not being driven! There are so many kits to choose from that i just don't know which one to buy.

SON1C

Established Member
Do not buy any kits, you'll be much better off piecing them together, with that said if DD still has their kits, they are the only reseller with good DA "kits"

RC-5.0

Established Member
I found the best pricing to be at Autogeek.net, and you can google some 10% coupons for them. I agree with not buying it in "kit" form, unless you have no preferences in what you use and you just want to "get started".

What makes the Griot's a "better" DA Mach1?

RC

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
It's cheaper and has almost double the power of the PC, so you can do corrections faster. It also allows you do get into more severe corrections that a PC can't touch.

MysticDan

Established Member
My main concern was that this would be the first time using a machine thats why i choose the PC. The chemicals and compounds is what gets me confused. I see things like light swirl remover to heavy swirl remover kits to show car kits. Got those terms from autogeeks site. Whats a good set up to start with? Was hoping to purchase it all in one shot, not this kind of wax with this kind of polish ordeal.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
My main concern was that this would be the first time using a machine thats why i choose the PC. The chemicals and compounds is what gets me confused. I see things like light swirl remover to heavy swirl remover kits to show car kits. Got those terms from autogeeks site. Whats a good set up to start with? Was hoping to purchase it all in one shot, not this kind of wax with this kind of polish ordeal.

For machine polishing a DA is the way to go for when you're first starting out, so PC, GG, Flex, Makita, Dewalt, Megs- they are all safe unless you drop it on your paint. Where you need to be careful is with a rotary.

As far as products try CG "V" series, Megs 105/205, Pinnacle total swirl removal, I'm sure Adams and others have some great products.

I can personally vouch for the V Series, and Megs 105/205. They work extremely well.

Last edited:

mr-proper

Established Member
for machine polishing a da is the way to go for when you're first starting out, so pc, gg, flex, makita, dewalt, megs- they are all safe unless you drop it on your paint. Where you need to be careful is with a rotary.

As far as products try cg "v" series, megs 105/205, pinnacle total swirl removal, i'm sure adams and others have some great products.

i can personally vouch for the v series, and megs 105/205. They work extremely well.

+1

RC-5.0

Established Member
It's cheaper and has almost double the power of the PC, so you can do corrections faster. It also allows you do get into more severe corrections that a PC can't touch.

Im not gonna disagree because IDK anything about the Griot's but I will say that any machine should be fine if the technique is right. I use my PC to buff out fresh clear coat to remove orange peel, using Adams' stuff. Freshly wet-sanded clear is about as cloudy and hazy as you can get, but when Im done it looks like glass. Now having said that, with a "stronger" DA or a rotary, it may go faster and easier, but I CAN get it to work.

OP: Try this polish set: Machine Polishing Kit | Foam Pads| Auto Detailing Kits

RC

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Im not gonna disagree because IDK anything about the Griot's but I will say that any machine should be fine if the technique is right. I use my PC to buff out fresh clear coat to remove orange peel, using Adams' stuff. Freshly wet-sanded clear is about as cloudy and hazy as you can get, but when Im done it looks like glass. Now having said that, with a "stronger" DA or a rotary, it may go faster and easier, but I CAN get it to work.

OP: Try this polish set: Machine Polishing Kit | Foam Pads| Auto Detailing Kits

RC

Check out Mike Phillips of Autogeek and Larry Kosilla of AMMONYC's reviews of DA's.... Plus there are numerous threads on AG documenting GG's power over the PC. I agree the PC is a fine Machine- I own 2 and love them. That being said the GG being more powerful AND cheaper? That's a win/win in my book. But now that I have a Flex 3401, my next polisher will be a Rupes 21.

SON1C

Established Member
I agree with Mach1usmc

GG over the PC

Why?

Power and lifetime warranty

however I'm sold on the rupes 21 after two correction days with it, I'd actually let go of my GG if someone was serious
Love the flex too

DA's are foolproof

pickup v32 and v36 or megs 101 and 205 for compound / polish imo

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I agree with Mach1usmc

GG over the PC

Why?

Power and lifetime warranty

however I'm sold on the rupes 21 after two correction days with it, I'd actually let go of my GG if someone was serious
Love the flex too

DA's are foolproof

pickup v32 and v36 or megs 101 and 205 for compound / polish imo

I was going to ask if you had tried the Rupes- I was kind of surprised Mike advised me to get the Flex over the Rupes. He said they were close but the direct drive on the Flex gave it an edge in his opinion. And the Flex is cheaper. I haven't tried the Rupes yet but I haven't heard any negative reviews.

SON1C

Established Member
I was going to ask if you had tried the Rupes- I was kind of surprised Mike advised me to get the Flex over the Rupes. He said they were close but the direct drive on the Flex gave it an edge in his opinion. And the Flex is cheaper. I haven't tried the Rupes yet but I haven't heard any negative reviews.

I enjoyed the flex as well, the direct drive is definitely a + but something about the rupes, it's just so smooth, quiet, and the throw is unbelievable, makes my griots feel like a monster truck compared to a smooth luxury vehicle

You can't go wrong with either imo, but I'd take the Rupes over the Flex

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I've had my 7424 since '06, and I've come close to pulling the trigger on a flex 3401 upgrade for over a year now, but I'm glad I waited. This rupes 21 looks like a badass unit, exceptionally large coverage area, super smooth operation

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I enjoyed the flex as well, the direct drive is definitely a + but something about the rupes, it's just so smooth, quiet, and the throw is unbelievable, makes my griots feel like a monster truck compared to a smooth luxury vehicle

You can't go wrong with either imo, but I'd take the Rupes over the Flex

Good to know- I can't wait to get my hands on a Rupes. I might have to get both the 15 and 21. Larry did a side by side compare between the Rupes and GG and came to the same conclusion. The Rupes also corrected a bit better using the same product and section passes.

SON1C

Established Member
I've had my 7424 since '06, and I've come close to pulling the trigger on a flex 3401 upgrade for over a year now, but I'm glad I waited. This rupes 21 looks like a badass unit, exceptionally large coverage area, super smooth operation
You won't be disappointed!
Good to know- I can't wait to get my hands on a Rupes. I might have to get both the 15 and 21. Larry did a side by side compare between the Rupes and GG and came to the same conclusion. The Rupes also corrected a bit better using the same product and section passes.
Do you have the link to that? I also agree that its works faster and corrects better, not by a ton, but it definitely does
wow..never heard of the Rupes.

get with it! :D

Users who are viewing this thread