Which parts??

CodeRed30

Established Member
Have a friend that is getting a '99 GT and I'm going to be working on it for him. I have some questions on what parts to get for it. The car already has a Magnaflow exhaust, a Superchip, a Mac CAI, and Eibach lowering springs. I need your advice on what performance parts to get and possibly where to find them:

1.) Coilovers??

2.) Sway bars?

3.) Struts?

4.) Brakes?

5.) Should he stick with the Mac CAI?

6.) JBA shorty headers?

7.) Tires?? (size and brand)

8.) Toss the Superchip for a Diablosport chip?

9.) Anything else??

He will be using the car primarily for a DD but wants power. Thanks in advance for your advice!

SNK BITN

Established Member
Know that any motor mods will alter the performance of the chip. So power mods such as exhaust or pullies may require him to pull the chip regardless. If the MAC CAI is in good shape, keep it. If it is rusting then look for other options such as WMS or Densecharger. Brakes are fine stock, do you mean pads and rotors or the whole shabang? Suspension wise, check with X2C motorsports, Maximum Motorsports, or if hes got the coin, griggs or global west. Talk to those companies and see if they have what your looking for. Be more specific what your goals for suspension are and we can be more specific. Something better than stock? Drag? Road Race?

Rearpl8tsinsite

QQQQ
Established Member
I think you should look into some gear (4:10's would be my guess) to utilize your higher reving engine. You might want to go taller but it starts to hinder gas mileage. For the most part Mustangs don't squat on the tires very well so anything to aid with traction would be very beneficial. Headers would also be a great addition to go with the exhaust. Then once you have it where you want it get it tuned.

CodeRed30

Established Member
He wants the car to be able to kill in a drag but still have nice handling. As for the brakes,, I'm thinking rotors and the carbon fiber pads. Here is what I've got in my head as for parts so far:

Toss the Superchip for DiabloSport

Densecharger CAI if MAC is rusted

Steeda caster camber plates

Maximum Motorsports coilovers

Maximum Motorsports panhard bar

Steeda Triax shifter

Steeda underdrive pullies

JBA shorty headers

Any other things that you guys recommend is great. Thanks.

SNK BITN

Established Member
Substitue the Steeda c/c plates with Pro3i c/c plates, its the better 4 bolt design. Be absolutely sure you want to go with JBA shorties, for not much more, many times less, you can get longtubes w/ hpipe. X2C motorsports looks like they are having a sale on coil overs, check them out. Substitute the panhard bar and start with some subframe connectors. Panhard bars arent compatible with many catbacks. Then move to lower control arms, just the lowers for now.

SNK BITN

Established Member
And wait till your done with all your power mods before you invest in a chip, it saves you from having to keep sending it back to get retuned.

CodeRed30

Established Member
The car already has a Magnaflow catback from the h pipe back, and I want to get JBA shorty headers, Magnaflow catted x and a Magnaflow catback. That's why the shorty headers, because they offer the best sound. And where can I get the Pro3i cc plates? I also need some advice for sways and struts.

SNK BITN

Established Member
Well your gonna have a difficult time trying to put a panhard bar or torque arm in with that catback in there. Bust out the hammer if you want it to fit. Stock swaybar works fine, best replacement for it is stock. Pro3i sells through their site, www.pro3i.com. As for struts, do you want to go adjustables? HAL and Tokico make good stuff!

CodeRed30

Established Member
So whos best in the way of subframe connectors? And is an adjustable strut better than a normal strut? Anything that will help reduce wheel hop? And if I went longtube headers, would they sound better with the xpipe or the stock h pipe? Forgive all my questions, I just like to know the most about the products available and learning about the car before I put everything on.

Last edited:

SNK BITN

Established Member
MM makes very good quality "full length" subframes for a decent price. I have adjustable struts and I rarely adjust them, even when I get to the track. But I would say that the adjustable strut is best for all around performance. Longtubes will be louder and deeper, go to www.mustangexhaust.com to listen to what you like best. Questions are good, getting parts without researching is bad mmmkay?

CodeRed30

Established Member
Good, I'm glad questions are good...got a couple more! :) What brand for lower control arms? What would help reduce wheel hop? And with the longtubes, would they sound better with a magnaflow xpipe or the stock h pipe?

Users who are viewing this thread