which parameters are you watching/data logging?

Don03cobra

Established Member
Just kind of curious to see what other gt500 owners are watching/logging.

I use SCT ITSX and am putting together log setup files.

Thanks!

nxhappy

Established Member
Battery voltage
Coolant temp deg F
Air control temp 2 F or Downstream ACT for blower cars (Fahrenheit only)
Throttle (ETC) actual angle (05+ only) (In degrees)
Fuel pump duty cycle
Intake air temp F
Load (from the MAF section only)
Short term fuel trim bank 1 and 2 (only one of each)
Long term fuel trim bank 1 and 2 (only one of each)
MAF voltage for 2005-10 and MAF counts for 2004 and below
O2 voltage bank 1 sensor 1(only one of each)
O2 voltage bank 2 sensor 1(only one of each)
RPM
Returnless fuel pump pressure in PSI
Spark
Knock sensor

Don03cobra

Established Member
Thanks for the quick reply - have a screen shot or maybe actual PID names?
This is kind of confusing... it seems that there are more than one choice on many of the parameters.

moncho

Established Member
The following was found on the internet with the source in the body of the information. Seems like a good starting point for data logging.

"Always choose the parameters with capital letters if there is an option because they are DMRs (direct memory read) and respond a little quicker than the lower case options called PIDs (process ID, not related to a PID loop). The parameters you will need to log will follow. Logging extra unneeded parameters is not advised because more parameters will decrease the update speed. I added a few of the possible names because sometimes they are called different things on different cars. You may have to hunt around for some of the parameters, but the setup is fairly logical. If you come across a name I've missed or is different please email me at [email protected] and I'll add it to the website.
This is a general list. For specific issues, and some types of tuning, different parameters may be logged.
1. ECT, Engine Coolant Temperature, or Coolant_temp. Probably in the environment folder.
2. IAT, Intake Air Temperature, IAT 1+2, IAT upstream and downstream, ACT, Air Charge Temperature. You will only have 2 IAT options if the vehicle was equipped with a supercharger when stock like the terminators and lightenings. Probably in the environment folder.
3. RPM, Engine rpm, probably in the misc folder
4. Battery Volts, VPWR, probably in the misc folder.
5. Throttle position, TP absolute, PPS, pedal position sensor, probably under misc.
6. Load, Engine Load, % Load, probably under the maf folder.
7. MAF Counts, maf ad counts, probably under the maf folder.
8. Fuel Pump Duty Cycle, Returnless fuel pump duty cycle, probably under fuel pump, or returnless fuel pump.
9. Pressure drop across injectors (only on cars with a returnless fuel system, like 99 and newer mustangs). Probably under fuel or injectors.
10. Spark, timing, probably under spark or engine.
11. Spark source, probably under spark or engine.
12. Analog 1 for wideband. Under analog, use the correct function and make sure it matches the gauge!
13. STFT, short term fuel trim bank 1 and 2, If you take this value and multiply it by 14.64 it will give you the air fuel mixture commanded by the ecu for WOt and should match the wideband data. Ex. 0.82=12:1
14. LTFT, Long Term Fuel Trims Bank 1 + 2
15. Knock Sensor if equipped (mach 1s, 05+ GTs, etc)
16. Inferred MAP or actual if available.
17. IAC duty cycle, iacdc, idle_speed_valve_dut, or Idle Air Control Duty Cycle, probably under idle or idle contr.
18. Dashpot #/min
19. Idle Air integrator / ISC integrator
20. Desired idle rpm
21. Idle Speed Control Mode Flag or idle mode flag

The PIDs in red need to be logged on every log or you are just wasting time collecting useless data.

Idle Logs
Get the vehicle to operating temp. Make sure the hood is open for these logs. Start the logger and log about 30 seconds of idle. hold the engine at 1500 rpms for 15 seconds. The actual rpms are not as important as a steady foot. Then increase 1000 rpms, hold 15 sec, then go to 3500 and log for 15 sec. Let off the gas and log idle for 30 seconds. Give it a real quick 1/4 throttle punch (4000rpm max) and let it idle for about 20 seconds. Stop the log.

WOT Logs
These should always be done in a safe and legal location like your local race track!
Secure the laptop in the car and setup livelink. The car should be at normal operating temperature. Put the mouse over the green square so you can just hit the button to start datalogging just before the WOT run. Use 3rd gear on the track, or 4th gear on the dyno. Start at 2000rpms hold it there for a second or 2 then punch it quickly. Pull to near redline but LET OUT if the AF is lean, or detonation is encountered! Stop the datalog when you are stopped."

**NOTE** the original document had colored letters so any reference on this post won't show up.

Good Luck!

Cheers,
Ray

nxhappy

Established Member
sorry but I cant find my config file that had everything for SCT :(

Users who are viewing this thread