Which Pads To Get?

WhiteSaleen248

Established Member
Title says it all, 03 cobra brakes, I want some QUEIT brakes, that have decent stoping power. (I slam on it once in a long while). What do you guys suggest?

Thanks

WhiteSaleen248

Established Member
I have had bad experience with Hawk Pads. Ive had 2 different kinds, and my friend one kind and they all squeil like a pig. I hate it.

2003HostileSVT

32v Turbo Spooling soon!
Established Member
my brother put hawk pads on his 03 gt with the baer big brake upgrade kit in the front and back and they stop great with no sounds..highly recomended for high speed driving...

Hye

Established Member
i changed the front with ferodo pads (left the back stock) and really liked the brake feel. but then again at the same time i did install stainless steel russell braided lines on all 4 corners...

noticed a very nice braking improvement with those two mods.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
WhiteSaleen248 said:
I have had bad experience with Hawk Pads. Ive had 2 different kinds, and my friend one kind and they all squeil like a pig. I hate it.

Yes. Mine SCREAM too. I hate them. I am going to get rid of them ASAP.

2003HostileSVT

32v Turbo Spooling soon!
Established Member
to be totally honest my brother has been full throttling that car since day one and the breaks are great they stop on a dime with little or no bereak dust and virtually any noise at all... :thumbsup:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
2003HostileSVT said:
to be totally honest my brother has been full throttling that car since day one and the breaks are great they stop on a dime with little or no bereak dust and virtually any noise at all... :thumbsup:
on the brembos?

ModsAway

Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
Raybestos QS Ceramic Pads rockauto.com

No squeal and no brake dust! I'd never use another pad.

I have these and they squeal AND produce brake dust... :shrug:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
ModsAway said:
I have these and they squeal AND produce brake dust... :shrug:
I doubt you do! Check your part numbers and get back to me. I doubt they are ceramic because that just defeats the purpose of the material. never have I heard of someone complaining a ceramic pad squeals and it's made to minimize brake dust. I've had mine on for a little over a month now with brembo rotors and I'll never try another pad.

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
I have the Hawk Plus Pads and they definitely bite better than the stockers but do squeel a bit when intitially applying the brakes. I think brake dust is about the same as stock, not bad unless you've just pitted from the road course :)

WhiteSaleen248

Established Member
BigBeez03 said:
I have the Hawk Plus Pads and they definitely bite better than the stockers but do squeel a bit when intitially applying the brakes. I think brake dust is about the same as stock, not bad unless you've just pitted from the road course :)

I have Hawk HPS + on my car currently. They squeel when I go in reverse, and when cold make horrendous sounds. You can hear it from half a city block away (at least). They brake better than anything I have ever tried when they heat up, but I really don't need track pads on a daily driver.

I-CAN-STANG said:
I doubt you do! Check your part numbers and get back to me. I doubt they are ceramic because that just defeats the purpose of the material. never have I heard of someone complaining a ceramic pad squeals and it's made to minimize brake dust. I've had mine on for a little over a month now with brembo rotors and I'll never try another pad.

So you suggest blank rotors, and ceramic pads? I have cross drilled/ slotted rotors on right now (they were for show purposes only), will this make them squeel?

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
So you suggest blank rotors, and ceramic pads? I have cross drilled/ slotted rotors on right now (they were for show purposes only), will this make them squeel?[/QUOTE]

I have slotted and cross drilled as well and I do not have a single problme with these pads. No squeal or anything. That is why I'd never try anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread