Which Optima battery for 2003 Cobra and where?

hmwave

Established Member
My original 2003 OEM battery has done its time and is near to expiry.

I'm thinkling of a Red or Yellow Optima but am finding it hard to locate a local supplier who also has the adapter plates.

Any ideas? Cost, correct part #, location of supplier, other options?

Oxford Snake

Established Member
There is not a direct fit Optima, you will need a custom hold down bracket. I would go OEM or Sears DieHard.

S351Saleen77

Established Member
For my Optima I used a $6 part that is for a 90's? Corvette. Brads Custom Auto knows the part # and that is where I have gotten a few of them. Any Chevy dealer can get them once you have the part #.

Hope this helps!!
Tom

cobra_strike

Banned
My original 2003 OEM battery has done its time and is near to expiry.

I'm thinkling of a Red or Yellow Optima but am finding it hard to locate a local supplier who also has the adapter plates.

Any ideas? Cost, correct part #, location of supplier, other options?

get the red optima battery thats the one we need , well u need i got mine ha.. , and as for fitting it !, throw that bad boy in the trunk! :rockon::burnout:

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
Red Top. There is a custom plastic bracket that it in the packing tray that fits perfectly in our tray. Believe the group size is 58.

I would recommend getting one from Les Schwab. They back the entire Optima warranty in house.

MACHDADDY1

DRAGPAK
Established Member
You can also get a red top optima for a FORD GT at your ford dealer. It says FORD GT on the sticker & cost me 123 bucks at my dealer two years ago. I made my own hold down but you can buy the battery & hold down in a kit from parkway ford.

Om3ga47

PIIHB
Established Member
Redtop. 34-78 I think is the number,it comes with the hold down bracket. I did not bother to trim my battery tray,and it is just fine.

hmwave

Established Member
http://www.optimabatteries.com/optima_products/

Looks like the red is a standard and the yellow more of a deep cycle battery.

Did some research...

Optima® offers two basic battery types: Optima starter type batteries, and Optima dual-purpose deep cycle/starter batteries. The Optima starter type batteries are superior replacement units for your car, truck, boat, or other vehicle. Optima deep cycle/starter batteries serve dual purposes: They are superior starter batteries, but they also are designed to withstand repeated deep discharging (down to a charge level of 10.5 volts) without having their life span shortened. This ability makes them especially useful when electrical loads exceed recharge rate (including times when the battery cannot be recharged at all, such as for marine trolling motors, or for running car audio equipment with your engine turned off.) Optima deep cycle batteries are very popular for marine trolling motors, winches, special lighting, portable power, and emergency backup systems of all types. If you need high performance power for car audio, the best battery for you is one or more of the largest Optima deep cycle/starter batteries you can fit in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread