which one

silver2001cobra

Established Member
once again i`m torn, i`m planning on making a move this spring.So which one should i go with , fr500 intake or low boost supercharger? my compression is 10.5-1.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
I'm doing the FR500. It's different, but more exspensive than a blower. Part of me does still want to do a custom Eaton setup though. I think I'm pretty happy with my decision, and there is no going back now.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
You could do the FR500 top end or something similar and have a decent n/a motor. Supercharging that is fine too, but its hit or miss on whether your car will blow up or not.

elyrain

Established Member
If your at 10.5:1 then you've already rebuilt your short block for an N/A application. I would go with an fr500 top end or nitrous. Boost would be a pretty bad idea IMO. You could get away with a low psi but it's addicting and once you see 8psi you'll want 12, ect, and that's not good for a 10.4:1 engine....

silver2001cobra

Established Member
If your at 10.5:1 then you've already rebuilt your short block for an N/A application. I would go with an fr500 top end or nitrous. Boost would be a pretty bad idea IMO. You could get away with a low psi but it's addicting and once you see 8psi you'll want 12, ect, and that's not good for a 10.4:1 engine....
thats the thing, i have fr500 cams and heads,ported intake. so with that compression i can get away with 8psi?

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
If you already have the parts, go for the na build. You could put 8 psi on it too if you wanted.

I disagree that blown is always faster. The factory stock guys are running low-mid 11's NA. Yea they have some wieght tricks, but still, alot of 500+ rwhp cars don't run 11's. Plus, I run with stock 03/04's now with just over 300 rwhp. They pull on me slightly, but it's a good race. They easliy have 70-80 rwhp on me. I do weigh 300-400 lbs less though. I know that I have beaten blown GT's with 360 at the wheels.

silver2001cobra

Established Member
If you already have the parts, go for the na build. You could put 8 psi on it too if you wanted.

I disagree that blown is always faster. The factory stock guys are running low-mid 11's NA. Yea they have some wieght tricks, but still, alot of 500+ rwhp cars don't run 11's. Plus, I run with stock 03/04's now with just over 300 rwhp. They pull on me slightly, but it's a good race. They easliy have 70-80 rwhp on me. I do weigh 300-400 lbs less though. I know that I have beaten blown GT's with 360 at the wheels.
the things is ,that i make 361 rwhp now with the heads and cams.so i can go with the intake, which give me 30-40 more horses ,or go with the charger which will give me about 100 more hores.The intakes is about $2800 and the charger(used one of course)$3000 ,plus fuel upgrades,$1500. what about dependablity of the two?

wojowojo16

Established Member
I have a supercharger, its great but if I was you I'd go FR500, its different, more reliable (IMO) and you already have the supporting mods. If you want to go fast(er) just spray it once in a while.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
NA will always be more dependable and easier to tune than blown. You should crest 400 rwhp with the FR500 setup. It will be a mean street car. Again, it's what I'm doing, so that is the way I'll push you. To me, going for another 50 or so horses didn't seem worth the hassle or possible blown motor. I didn't want to get into a crazy fuel system, building the rear end, ect. I decided that this isn't the car I want to do that too. Maybe one day I will, but not with this car. Plus, if you're already forged, throw on a 150 shot of n2o and you are over 550 rwhp. Daily dependability, instant power when you need it. What could be better?

Users who are viewing this thread