Which one will be the easier sell

tistan

Established Member
I'm buying a f250 so one of my vehicles have to go. Which one do you guys think will be the easier sale. My silver 04 lightning has 81k miles and mods are cold air, bassani catback, predator tuner, and centerline billet wheels. I am thinking it is worth around $14k. My wife's stock 07Trailblazer ss AWD 3ss package with every option and around 85k miles. I am thinking hers is worth $15-16k.

I just don't know how much demand for an AWD SS there will be. Most of the people I know that have them want the 2wd because it is easier to make fast. I don't really know what the demand is right now for either vehicle. I assume there is more demand for the lightning.

Sick03Vert

Banned
Which one would sell faster? The Lightning.

Which would I keep if I were you? The Lightning. :-D

Sorry I couldn't be more help. If you can find a buyer for the SS though, I'd go that route.

testorossa1989

Established Member
Lightning might be easier to sell. Trail blazer SS is more like a typhoon, you know what your looking for and want

coposrv

Established Member
Sell the lightning. Powerstroke? Exhaust and sct custom tunes. You may forget the lightning.

tistan

Established Member
Sell the lightning. Powerstroke? Exhaust and sct custom tunes. You may forget the lightning.

It is just a 5.4. I was looking for an 07 powerstoke until my friend called me and told me a guy he knew was getting ready to sell the one I am buying. Clean one owner 02 crew cab 4x4 lariat with 90k miles on it for $8,000. I got to thinking about it, and I could spend $20-25k for an 07 with 75-100k miles on it and still have to drop a few grand to bullet proof it, or I can buy this 02 that will do everything I need. If I need a few more ponies I will find a lightning motor to stick in it and still be way a head on money spent, or I'll sell it for $12k and pocket an extra $4k to put towards a powerstroke. The next cheapest comparable truck I could find on autotrader was $13k.

It doesn't bother you guys to think that your wife would be taking your baby to the mall and getting door dings and scratches? This is the only reason I really would rather sell the lightning. I would rather sell it to someone that will continue to take care of it. If they don't take care of it, at least I won't know.

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
If a gas super duty is doing what you need then you have the lightning to tow.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I'd sell the Lightning if you are buying another truck as the SS is more practical and has more room.

What do you need the F250 for that the lightning can't do?

Zemedici

Established Member
As stated earlier, what do you need the 5.4 truck for if you have the lightning? Stay away from the 6.0....unless like you said you INTEND to spend the 3-5k or so to bulletproof it.

tistan

Established Member
I'd sell the Lightning if you are buying another truck as the SS is more practical and has more room.

What do you need the F250 for that the lightning can't do?

I'm starting a interior trim and cabinet company, and will be pulling an 18' trailer every day. I pull my 5000# car and trailer to the track about 2 times a year. The Lightning will get it done, but it isn't the most comfortable ride because of the short wheel base and light weight of the truck. I haven't got my work trailer yet, but I am guessing my work trailer fully loaded with tools is going to be 4-5k#. If I load it with a bunch of materials it could get into 8000# range pretty easily.

I might take the put them both up for sale advise. Financially I could keep them all, but I am out of physical space for everything I have. Adding 40ft worth of truck and trailer isn't going to help with my limited space.

coposrv

Established Member
It is just a 5.4. I was looking for an 07 powerstoke until my friend called me and told me a guy he knew was getting ready to sell the one I am buying. Clean one owner 02 crew cab 4x4 lariat with 90k miles on it for $8,000. I got to thinking about it, and I could spend $20-25k for an 07 with 75-100k miles on it and still have to drop a few grand to bullet proof it, or I can buy this 02 that will do everything I need. If I need a few more ponies I will find a lightning motor to stick in it and still be way a head on money spent, or I'll sell it for $12k and pocket an extra $4k to put towards a powerstroke. The next cheapest comparable truck I could find on autotrader was $13k.

It doesn't bother you guys to think that your wife would be taking your baby to the mall and getting door dings and scratches? This is the only reason I really would rather sell the lightning. I would rather sell it to someone that will continue to take care of it. If they don't take care of it, at least I won't know.

That's a pretty good deal. Plenty of life left in it too. I would rather let the L go to get the most out of it. After a year or two of DD duty it won't be as nice. She'll find a good home I'm sure.

Users who are viewing this thread