Which one to buy? 07 GT500, terminator or new GT

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
I find it pretty hilarious that you think a raptor is a higher class of vehicle somehow over an early model shelby. From what I remember you had a pretty strong car (650/650) with many kills so your statements are a little confusing. The tech and interior upgrades are nice on the new gt but they would be on the verge of popping with your old cars power level. The new 13/14 shelbys are a beast but with many of us having the mod bug those cars would be approaching 100k pretty quick. At that price point I would be looking at other cars, imo.

Well it's new & it has a built engine, full suspension upgrade, procharged etc...I'd consider the new GT & the old GT500s on the same level. They're the same price nowadays. I got rid of my car because I had it for 4 years & not to mention it wasn't conventional for daily driving on the shitty roads around here. The Raptor is right under the new GT500s...Saying its on the same level as an old Shelby would be like saying the new zl1 is on the same level as a c5 z06. My old shelby made a little over 700 rwhp before I sold it with an overspun, ported, meth injected eaton setup. Build the 5.0 engine & make it a bullet proof setup...the 5.4 is limited at 750 rwhp, then your engine is a ticking time bomb & most people want more power every so often. A Boss 5.0 with a power adder is a good example of a built 5.0. Bang for the buck when it comes to straight line performance, the older GT500s are what the terminators were when the GT500 came out. They're stout cars, but I like decent interiors & some decent tech.

Last edited:

Defknotzero

Established Member
Injured_player_eating_popcorn.gif

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Well it's new & it has a built engine, full suspension upgrade, procharged etc...I'd consider the new GT & the old GT500s on the same level. They're the same price nowadays. I got rid of my car because I had it for 4 years & not to mention it wasn't conventional for daily driving on the shitty roads around here. The Raptor is right under the new GT500s...Saying its on the same level as an old Shelby would be like saying the new zl1 is on the same level as a c5 z06. My old shelby made a little over 700 rwhp before I sold it with an overspun, ported, meth injected eaton setup. Build the 5.0 engine & make it a bullet proof setup...the 5.4 is limited at 750 rwhp, then your engine is a ticking time bomb & most people want more power every so often. A Boss 5.0 with a power adder is a good example of a built 5.0. Bang for the buck when it comes to straight line performance, the older GT500s are what the terminators were when the GT500 came out. They're stout cars, but I like decent interiors & some decent tech.

I can agree with some of your points and the raptor sounds like a monster, wouldn't want to DD mine either but it's my weekend toy. To me performance wise a zl1 is about on par with a c5z. From a roll or dig I run away from my buddys zl1, not even close even when I give him a car length hit. Your right the 5.0 can be built, blown, etc. but at the end of the day it's still just a GT. The boss does come more built for power from the factory but I just can't get over the look of them, colors/wheels. Our cars from the factory able to handle 750whp is nothing to shake your head at and about the limit traction wise anyways for most, new rods/pistons and they're pretty much bullet proof as well. To me the terminator is still the baddest looking exterior on any cobra, just has that gt interior.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
I can agree with some of your points and the raptor sounds like a monster, wouldn't want to DD mine either but it's my weekend toy. To me performance wise a zl1 is about on par with a c5z. From a roll or dig I run away from my buddys zl1, not even close even when I give him a car length hit. Your right the 5.0 can be built, blown, etc. but at the end of the day it's still just a GT. The boss does come more built for power from the factory but I just can't get over the look of them, colors/wheels. Our cars from the factory able to handle 750whp is nothing to shake your head at and about the limit traction wise anyways for most, new rods/pistons and they're pretty much bullet proof as well. To me the terminator is still the baddest looking exterior on any cobra, just has that gt interior.

I'll admit I went a bit far with the peasant comment, because I tend to be a bit extreme. My trucks alright, it's quick but far from being as fast as any gt500...camaro ss is more like it. Everyone has their opinion nowadays, anyway you go its a win. Terminator is menacing looking, bad ass motor, but its interior is poop. early GT500s are a step up from the terminator with a better interior, but performance wise due to its extra weight makes them roughly the same. The new GT imo is the best all around car because of the new bad ass 5.0 engine, nice ass interiors, & better handling characteristics with a warranty too. It all depends on what you are looking for. the termi will be cheaper & you could get a fully modded one for under $30k. An early GT500 will cost in the 30s & that'll be close to stockish. The new GT, low miles, will be 30k & also be close to stock. I'd rather newer & a blown auto 5.0 is a beast in the 1/4, but I can't argue with you on a whippled 500 or KB cobra being better or worse...it's strictly opinion from there. I base a lot of my decision off of how new the vehicle is, but I'll take a Ford GT any day no matter how old it gets. I'll stick with my choice of a GT with low miles or new. Resale won't be as good as the others & it isn't a cobra or a shelby.

P.S. I also agree the aesthetics of the Boss aren't all that great either. :beer:

Last edited:

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I'll admit I went a bit far with the peasant comment, because I tend to be a bit extreme. My trucks alright, it's quick but far from being as fast as any gt500...camaro ss is more like it. Everyone has their opinion nowadays, anyway you go its a win. Terminator is menacing looking, bad ass motor, but its interior is poop. early GT500s are a step up from the terminator with a better interior, but performance wise due to its extra weight makes them roughly the same. The new GT imo is the best all around car because of the new bad ass 5.0 engine, nice ass interiors, & better handling characteristics with a warranty too. It all depends on what you are looking for. the termi will be cheaper & you could get a fully modded one for under $30k. An early GT500 will cost in the 30s & that'll be close to stockish. The new GT, low miles, will be 30k & also be close to stock. I'd rather newer & a blown auto 5.0 is a beast in the 1/4, but I can't argue with you on a whippled 500 or KB cobra being better or worse...it's strictly opinion from there. I base a lot of my decision off of how new the vehicle is, but I'll take a Ford GT any day no matter how old it gets. I'll stick with my choice of a GT with low miles or new. Resale won't be as good as the others & it isn't a cobra or a shelby.

P.S. I also agree the aesthetics of the Boss aren't all that great either. :beer:

The 5.0 is probably the best budget car for the money with basic bolt ons. Most agree they can safely handle about 600whp before popping. The low 30s value and warranty argument go right out the window as soon as you start upgrading the internals to handle high hp safely, might as well have got the shelby with the built block to begin with. The one thing I do like about the gt is the auto option for a dedicated drag car.

Users who are viewing this thread