Which One is Faster?

SpeedKillz

Established Member
I was wondering which of this two cars is faster in a straight line..

00 Cobra R or 03/04 Cobra

I read in a (magazine) :read: :coolman: that the 00 Cobra R is faster since it was tested by the same driver/same day/same track....what do yall think?..........pretty close.... :burnout:

Auditory7

Established Member
id say the 03 cobra is faster in a straight line and the 00r is faster in course racing cause thats what its meant for. I dont know but thats what I believe.

UCBeau

VW's are the fastest cars ever, so this thread is irrelevant...

but really, i think the Terminator would be faster in a straight line...

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
They both dyno at about the same RWHP, with a slight, 5-10 HP, advantage going to the R. I would tend to think that the R would be a bit lighter than the 03 Cobra since they went to all the effort of doing different things FOR weight savings, but I do remember hearing they were still heavy anyway. With that being said, I think the R would be faster but C&D tested both and the 03 Cobra was 1 tenth faster in the quarter, although that was on 2 different days with possibly 2 different drivers. Overall I think the R should be 1 or 2 tenths faster.

UCBeau

btw, the guy who started this thread has one of the ugliest mustangs i have ever seen in my entire life. :)

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
SVTStrikesBack said:
They both dyno at about the same RWHP, with a slight, 5-10 HP, advantage going to the R. I would tend to think that the R would be a bit lighter than the 03 Cobra since they went to all the effort of doing different things FOR weight savings, but I do remember hearing they were still heavy anyway. With that being said, I think the R would be faster but C&D tested both and the 03 Cobra was 1 tenth faster in the quarter, although that was on 2 different days with possibly 2 different drivers. Overall I think the R should be 1 or 2 tenths faster.

Wrong. 03 dyno's higher than the R. The R is around 400(crank), 03 is around 425-430 (crank).

Terminator should be a little faster through the 1320, R is faster around Laguna seca (both bone stock)

youngone

I hate ugly people
Established Member
kennecobra04 said:
Theoretticlaly, the 00R weighs 465 pounds less. Read up. I own 4 mustang books. I know. :read:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Now thats some funny shit.

203Cree

Established Member
I read somewhere that Lightnings were faster than both, and at least twice as fast as V-dubs, so therefore this thread is completely irrelevant.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
203Cree said:
I read somewhere that Lightnings were faster than both, and at least twice as fast as V-dubs, so therefore this thread is completely irrelevant.

yeah rob, everyone knows that gen 1's are fastest. :-D

xl2ockl3ottomx

Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
btw, the guy who started this thread has one of the ugliest mustangs i have ever seen in my entire life. :)

the two pictures in his signature looks pretty sweet. to each his own.

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
Wrong. 03 dyno's higher than the R. The R is around 400(crank), 03 is around 425-430 (crank).

Terminator should be a little faster through the 1320, R is faster around Laguna seca (both bone stock)

Don't get your panties in a wad. The 1st few R's that made it out were making 375+. I think they did something to them soon after were the rest were putting down mid 350's. My point is, I have seen enough stock dyno sheets to back up what I said. Others will also chime in about differences in the exhaust of some of the early R's but the one I was going off of specificaly was Aug. 2000 Motor Trend and it put down 376 at the tires. There are also a couple of guys on here that make that much stock. BTW, I think the R is only 100 or so pounds lighter.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
nobody ever drives the '00 r's anyways, i've never seen one actually moving, so my conclusion is that it is slower than shit, because its always standing still.

roadracer247

Established Member
kirks5oh said:
nobody ever drives the '00 r's anyways, i've never seen one actually moving, so my conclusion is that it is slower than shit, because its always standing still.

That was a stupid statement. Are you one of those people who don't believe things until you see it? Well here ya go...tell him nobody every drives Cobra R's.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242902

Users who are viewing this thread