Votes: 111 31.3%
  • 01' cobra

Votes: 245 69.0%

• Total voters

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
UCNTWIN said:
Can anyone post interior pics? I want to see what the diff is between the 99 and 01 radio area that everyone talks about.

6 Disk in the 01 vs. single disk in the 99. Also, the 01 system has a knob instead of the ghetto up/down buttons for volume.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
For those of you asking about interior differences, go to the "99/01 FAQ" sticky. I will post the pics of my 99 and 01 in there so they can stay in a sticky thread.

anothersvtguy

Turner of Wrenches
Established Member

The seats in the 99s SUCK ASS. They have ZERO support, did I mention they suck? Yeah, but the 99s are cheaper so you can pickup more mods than you could with the price of an 01. Aftermarket seats are on my mod list for someday...

If you want to keep it stock get an 01.

If you want to mod it get a 99 and put the money you saved into mods. That or look for a motivated seller with an 01.

acinider

Established Member
Hey All! I recently foundout that my 99 cobra had its engine replaced with a 01 cobra engine direct from ford, all done under warranty. I guess the 99 recall "fix" didnt dyno out as expected so ford replaced it. My question, what are the specific differences between the 99 & 01 cobra engines?

Brent:beer:

99SVT3753

5.4L Snake
Established Member
99cobra66 said:
But really i say go with a 2000 cobra... They must be VERY rare, because i have not seen one in person EVER! I hear they are better than 99's or 01's (regardless of the color)

the ONLY Cobra's made in 2000 were the Cobra R. And you'd know if it was one of those, not to mention it's cost closer to $75,000+ easy
(although if you look at your build date, it might have been assembled in 2000, but they can't actually sell it as a 2000, because they don't exist - 'cept for the Cobra R like I already said)

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
eh, figure ill put my word in :D

I recently got back intouch with a old h/s buddy of mine and it turns out he has a 99 Cobra vert. Red/Tan color, prety sweet. Weve made a few runs, and performance wise, its dead even. I got him twice, he got me twice.

his seats blow total ass

Rear bumper is subjective. I found it kinda cool cause it still reminds u its a MUSTANG. I barely noticed last night as i washed the cobra, that after i switched the pony emblem to the snake, no where on this car does it say mustasng or have a horse, lol. Basically get watever one is in better shape. Polished or chrome wheels shouldnt matter, those were the first thing to go on my car anyways and he has saleens. He drools over my interior tho. To get the 01 or 03 interior, youll probably make up for the price of a 99 over an 01, so at the end they cost the same to be happy.

hes also never had a problem with the half shafts, and he drives that bitch hard.

'95yellowGT

Established Member
YardSpecial said:
2001 hands down.

03-04 Mach 1's are even BETTER !

nah buy a 99 and save money....oh mach 1's are nice but its the same thing almost i have beat mach 1's and well i only paid 12k for my car.... i dont even understand why people buy machs hell u can get an 03 cobra for same or just a little more money!! AND OH YEH HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS SAME OLD SHIT EITHER WAY ITS A 4VALVE MUSTANG AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS!!

Last edited:

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
[QUOTE='95yellowGT]nah buy a 99 and save money....oh mach 1's are nice but its the same thing almost i have beat mach 1's and well i only paid 12k for my car.... i dont even understand why people buy machs hell u can get an 03 cobra for same or just a little more money!! AND OH YEH HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS SAME OLD SHIT EITHER WAY ITS A 4VALVE MUSTANG AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS!![/QUOTE]

eh, Mach's and 03's are still a few grand apart to justify an unafordable payment for some. Why buy a Mach 1? well some people would like a newer car. Its got a solid axle (for those IRS haters....im becoming one), stronger low end power, and sexy looks (no that ours arent). Its simular, yet still a different beast IMO.

Ive beat a few Mach's.....and lost to a few as well. All good cars :beer:

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
oh yeah, no idea if i posted it already, as this ****ing thread WONT DIE!!! hahaha. But my friend has a 99 Cobra vert and we have the same exact mods. His car seems stronger for some reason, he has more low end power. upon launch he always pulls half a car, i start pulling in ontop of 2nd. From a roll, as soon as we take off he jumps a car, then i slowly start pulling him in, but it takes forever, lol. Gotta give it to his 99, being that it has more weight (vert vs my coupe)

Hed rather have my car cause of the seats, 'cobra' bumper, headlights, and radio design. Just adds a lil class that the 99's dont have. Sucks that you guys got stuck with those nasty seats. Ugly as well as SO uncomfortable. You sit ON them, not in them. But, I miss my old GT vert so we might switch, hahaha. (kidding, love my car too much to give it up)

Last edited:

CobraG

Established Member
Mustang4vSVT said:
eh, Mach's and 03's are still a few grand apart to justify an unafordable payment for some. Why buy a Mach 1? well some people would like a newer car. Its got a solid axle (for those IRS haters....im becoming one), stronger low end power, and sexy looks (no that ours arent). Its simular, yet still a different beast IMO.

Ive beat a few Mach's.....and lost to a few as well. All good cars :beer:

I don't really care all that much for the look of the Mach, especially the interior and the guages are the worst :xpl:

cobrakiss

Established Member
I think I have one of those freak 99 fixes........never had mine tuned and it's bone stock(putting in a K&N fipk this spring though!!) but there is guy in my town that has a mineral grey 01 Saleen SC281 and we go neck an neck every time from stoplight to stoplight down main street. I think he's ready to trade :).

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
cobrakiss said:
I think I have one of those freak 99 fixes........never had mine tuned and it's bone stock(putting in a K&N fipk this spring though!!) but there is guy in my town that has a mineral grey 01 Saleen SC281 and we go neck an neck every time from stoplight to stoplight down main street. I think he's ready to trade :).

He must have the bad driver mod.....LoL

Users who are viewing this thread