Votes: 21 36.8%
  • MAZDASPEED 3

Votes: 36 63.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nodaksvt

ehhh?
Established Member
Im in the market for a new car, but am split between the 2008 WRX and 2008 Mazdaspeed. They are really close is MPG so thats not a huge factor anymore and both are really nice cars IMO

mazdaspeed_3_review_dfp_2.jpg

PROS: cheaper by a few grand, much nicer interior, tighter suspension, more ponies
CONS: not AWD, hatchback=ugh, .2 slower to 60mph than the WRX (same 1/4 tho)

2008-subaru-impreza-7.jpg

PROS: AWD, getting $2k off sticker price, not hatchback, faster off the line
CONS:so-so styling, price is still higher than mazdaspeed, bland interior compared to mazda

edit: this is really going to be something to replace the L, unfortunately.I would love to keep the truck forever but $85 to fill up is too much for my military pay. The new whip is going to be a DD. My man/straight guy card isnt going to be pulled getting a hatch?

Last edited:

Qwk GT

Established Member
I like the wrx more. If it is a DD, and you will be in any type of bad weather, the awd would be a big plus also. Maybe its just that I hate hatchbacks usually.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
I chose the Mazda. The new wrx is heavier,uglier and more expensive. Yes its awd which may help in dover winters i guess. But still....oh well its a hatchback. Still looks better than the Sunfire...i mean WRX. To me the new WRX looks like a goddam sunfore. Just UGLY.

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
Mazdaspeed FTW, I am a previous WRX owner. The WRX was a leader when it came out but now it's ugly and the performance is nothing amazing since all the other manufacturers caught up to it. The Speed3 has a much nicer interior, is better looking, performance is similar, one thing is AWD but that would not be enough of a trade off to get an 08 WRX.

I think if I wanted a WRX I would try to get an 06 with low miles since they are not uber ugly and because the biggest depreciation hit occurs during the first 2 years.

07TorchRedGT

Established Member
I voted MS3. I drive one for a daily and it is a nice quick dd. My biggest negatives are the torque steer and wheel spin. (Just replaced my tires at 10k miles)
Im kinda looking at the new Pontiac G8 GT's. For around 29k you can have power, rwd and pretty decent mpg. It has the cylinder deactivation for beter mpg when your not wot.
Im gonna wait for a second year model though.( Get some bugs out of it)
Just be aware that wheel spin in a fwd doesnt get you anywhere.
After first and second the car is a blast though.
:beer: Good Luck bro

CleanCobra

The Anti-Bling
Established Member
I've researched both of these cars and would go with MS3 by far. Besides I like hatches more than sedans! :shrug:

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Of those 2, the Mazdaspeed 3. However, I'd take an 07 STI over both of them any day of the week.

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
My GF had a Mazda3. It was a great car. She got rid of it in favor of a truck that her parents gave her because she didn't want a car payment anymore. She regrets that decision to this day.

I remember reading some comparo about a year ago about the MS3 and 07 WRX and while the WRX was a little faster in a straight line, the MS3 was much faster around a track.

Last edited:

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member
07 STI/EVO > 07 WRX/(whatever years they made them)Mazdaspeed 6 > Mazdaspeed 3 > 08 WRX

The first four are all AWD 4 banger turbos. Meaning really fun to drive and just great cars.

:)

Last edited:

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
Mazda I test drove the mazdaspeed 6 and it was nice.

However, I'd take an 07 STI over both of them any day of the week.

07 STI/EVO > 07 WRX/(whatever years they made them)Mazdaspeed 6 > Mazdaspeed 3 > 08 WRX

The first four are all AWD 4 banger turbos. Meaning really fun to drive and just great cars.

:)
none of these are rellavent, why would you post about cars that OP is not asking about?

Users who are viewing this thread