which mid-pipe for JBA 1 5/8” LT’s

Mack Verde

Established Member
so i have the JBA 1 5/8” LT’s that came with my cobra and the mid-pipe is the last piece of the puzzle

upfront is the JBA LT’s
mid-pipe unknown
catback Steeda / Borla touring

should a header for let’s say Mac LT’s fit easily? vrs makes one that’s fairly inexpensive. if not which o/r X is a plug and play? i can also buy a factory length mid-pipe and have it cut down but i’d rather not if i don’t have to. thanks!

Last edited:

shurur

Established Member
JBA LT is actually a mid length ML header.

A LT Midpipe would be too short to reach and an OEM would be too long. Then there is the ball connection needed for the JBAs.

ML headers generally need to match to the same name midpipes. So a JBA midpipe is your best bet, but I see that they only put out catless.

I would find a good local shop and get a quote on a midpipe build. It probably would be cheaper and you would get what you want.
If you don't want cats, I would consider resonators myself.

Last edited:

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
JBA stopped producing the 3" midpipes (catted or non-catted) for these midlength headers 9 years ago. I was in the same boat as you last year, I had the 3" JBA midlengths and wanted the rest of the system to be JBA 3". I happened to find the catted H-pipe on ebay by some shop that must have dug it out of a store room. Replaced the cats with resonators.

The listed catback no longer exists anymore either so I just bought their current available 3" setup and ditched the 2.5" intermediate pipes that connect the midpipe to the catback and had my fab guy make me some in 3"

Full 3" JBA sounds deep and nasty but still hard to hear over the F-1A and big red bov haha.
Screenshot_20200712-131006_Chrome.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread