Which Long Tube Headers?

17yrsofcollege

...Ohhh Boy
Established Member
I was wondering which headers to go with... if at all (will they make a big enough of a difference to justify their high price/install cost):shrug:

I will be going forced injection in the future.

These are the ones I was thinking of purchasing:

Kooks, MAC, or BBK

Leaning more towards the Kooks, or the MAC

I was told that with the MAC I could potentially see up to 17rwhp.

If anyone has had experience it would be a big help, DYNO numbers would be great.

My current mods are in the SIG.

:beer:
-Alan

17yrsofcollege

...Ohhh Boy
Established Member
Hmmmm, like my Governor...Hookers, did you install them , Pre, or Post FI, and what gains do you think they made

-Thx

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Hooker seems to be the most popular choice and you can drop the trans with them but they can be hard to find.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Hooker before Mac and BBK because you don't have to remove them to get the tranny out. I'm not overly impressed with mine yet. They do slightly leak due to the slip fit and their x-pipe sucks and won't fit good for our cars. I plan to get a custom x-pipe made next year using a Magnaflow True X crossover. Even after a custom tune my car does idle a little higher than I'd like, but that is probably correctable. My true test will be when I can get it to the drag strip and see if I can improve upon my best of 13.2 @ 104mph. If I can't run a 12.9X then I will say it was not worth the investment. I kind of wish I'd gone with ceramic coated Ford Racing shorties and got a Magnaflow o/r x-pipe.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Hooker before Mac and BBK because you don't have to remove them to get the tranny out. I'm not overly impressed with mine yet. They do slightly leak due to the slip fit and their x-pipe sucks and won't fit good for our cars. I plan to get a custom x-pipe made next year using a Magnaflow True X crossover. Even after a custom tune my car does idle a little higher than I'd like, but that is probably correctable. My true test will be when I can get it to the drag strip and see if I can improve upon my best of 13.2 @ 104mph. If I can't run a 12.9X then I will say it was not worth the investment. I kind of wish I'd gone with ceramic coated Ford Racing shorties and got a Magnaflow o/r x-pipe.

You ever want to sell your Hookers, let me know.

Flowtech if you want to save some money, they are similar to hooker just cheaper

How's the fit on your Flowtech longtubes?

Last edited:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
im runny the ceramic shorties and wish I had gone for longtubes...stay away from mac they have the issue with slag left over dont they? anyways who makes the flowtech is that a holly brand?

17yrsofcollege

...Ohhh Boy
Established Member
Thanks guys. Fyi I think that the slag issue with mac is long since corretced. My Exhaust looks great. About a year old

fire

Bleeding Blue
Established Member
i've got ceramic coated flowtech longtubes, no fitment issues at all and they sound great.... their x-pipe is another story though

mystical

Established Member
Hmmmm, like my Governor...Hookers, did you install them , Pre, or Post FI, and what gains do you think they made

-Thx

:lol:That was some expensive piece of ass:-D

FRPP shorties are a waste of time and money. If you can't get into the 12's, don't blame the headers blame your 3.73's;-)
Thanks guys. Fyi I think that the slag issue with mac is long since corretced. My Exhaust looks great. About a year old

The slag issue was with the headers, not the midpipes or catbacks.

17yrsofcollege

...Ohhh Boy
Established Member
not to hijack my own thread but... the hooker...LOL

duprenypost.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread