Which K Member and A Arms?

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Friend wrecked his 03, and wants to replace with tubular K member and a arms.

Which ones do you recommend?

Toofast4u what you running? Anyone else?

Also, since the search is busted coil over specs would help as well as he wants to do those too.

As I recall coil overs are the Maximum Motorsports.

Last edited:

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Why not go with the MM k-member, eventually thats the way I'm headed.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by plan b
Why not go with the MM k-member, eventually thats the way I'm headed.

I wasn't sure if it was Griggs or MM that most folks are running.

lifter213

Established Member
Not really sure on the k member and a arms. But on the coilovers most go with the Maximum Motorsports like you said. Looking at my notes i have here when i was thinking about coil overs that Bingo13 recommended to me were...

350lb Front/ 550lb Rear using the stock struts in the front and new 00R shocks groved in the rear. And he also needs the MM Caster/Camber plates.

This is supposed to be a very good street setup if i rememeber correctly. Not sure if i helped any but there ya go.

BenD

Established Member
K-Menber Recommendation

I have MM K-member, and Lower control arms. No complaints! Seem to be quality products and hold up well under Road Racing conditions. I bought my entire Coil Over System from them.

Although I don't have the K-Member installed yet, it's been sitting in the garage for a month, the fabrication is first class.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Were there other secondary parts that you recommend to go along with the K member / a arms? Bumpsteer kits or anything like that?

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Thanks Brian. I knew one of them was a "stay away from", but could not remember which.

halo

Outta my way!!!
Established Member
Why not the griggs?

I may be wrong, but I think there have been a few failures with the Griggs K-member. Most people on the board recommend the MM K-member, and that's what I'll be going with.

I have MM coilovers, and I'm running 375 up front and 575 in the back. I think these rates are the upper limit as far as comfort for street use. No problems when the streets are good, but you'll get a good jarring if they're bad.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
I'm following you guys (just like I'm on the track...) I want the K member, but just found out that you need A arms too. Coilovers, caster plates...

I was hoping to do this piece by piece, but it seems, as usual, I'd save money by doing it all at once.

One thing I read somewhere was that some K members aren't strong enough for road racing, was that the Griggs, or another? It seems that the MM setups get all the good press.

Users who are viewing this thread