Which k.b. blower should i go with????

04cobra408

NorCal SVTOA
Established Member
ok so right now the car is my dd but I have my 67 that I just painted so I will be driving that bad boy a lot more now and prob split dd duties between the two cars. I want to still be able to use the cobra as my dd if needed. I plan to make more trips to the track this coming summer but with the tracks being 2-4 hrs away it will prob be 2-6 trips to the track a yr maybe more I don't really know right now. i've heard some tracks are being built closer to where I live but it will probably be another 1-3 yrs before they are up and running. I know a want a k.b. but what model should I get with my mods?? and maybe a estimate of what kind of power ill be making, im in the bay area so we have 91 octane gas, which a few places have 100 octane or higher(1 in san José , and ive heard of 2 other pumps in near by cities and one of those has 110 I hear ). id like to do a 91 d.d. tune, a 100 race tune, and a 100 and maybe a little shot 35 or 50 or something so I have it if I really need it. and I want to be over 600 whp and tq. if I cant get it over 600 I'd prob spend all the money on suspension and or other things. I do plan on doing a solid swap also which im at about 80% sure im going to do that so I can finally put down all the power and not hop thru 1st and 2nd, 20% stick with the irs and beef it up.

heres my mod list and what cams i have

comp cams and valve train,
RPM Range: 2000-6400 RPM
Adv. Duration: 273°/275°
Duration @ .050'': 238°/240°
Valve Lift: .475''/.450''
Lobe Separation: 116°
the specs are copied from jegs listing of my cams.

bassani Mids, o/r xpipe, catback.bbk TB, Sct 2400, knn fipk, 60# injectors, Billetflow pulleys w/ 2.76 upper ,kb bap, LFP Heat exchanger and Res Tank, Oil Seperator. I also have a aftermaket clutch and flywheel. ram is the maker and its an alumminum fly wheel.

I'm making 520rwhp and 502#'s to the wheels now. thanks in advance guys :beer: . I just want to make sure I get right blower for my needs and I really couldn't get an answer thru searching :shrug: and again thanks in advance, you guys have much more knowledge than I do so I'd love to hear your thoughts. and it is a stock block.

Last edited:

04cobra408

NorCal SVTOA
Established Member
those like what20+ #'s right? it'll be safe on my stock block right? haha like i said im a rookie with this stuff. and like i said it mostly be on a 91 octane tune.

Last edited:

04cobra408

NorCal SVTOA
Established Member
Balex said:
you should read AirForceHemis thread right below yours for some good info.
-Brad

ok checked it out. he uses his car for more of a track car where i want mine set up more as a d.d. with a couple track trips a yr. so what was i supposed to read? :shrug: will his responses still apply for me? but yeah your right there is some good info their.

Last edited:

King Cobra

Ride the Snake
Established Member
I'm also thinking of getting a kb 2.8 as my daily driver. Is there you guys would recommend so the car won't take a shit.

venom one

Schoolin' your kids
Established Member
King Cobra said:
I'm also thinking of getting a kb 2.8 as my daily driver. Is there you guys would recommend so the car won't take a shit.

I'm no expert, but I would say to have cooling mods, injectors, BAP, MAF, and a good tune. It would help to have a built bottom, but I've seen lots of guys running big numbers with stock bottom ends.

Users who are viewing this thread