Which is the better deal?

Shiper

Really Cool Guy
Established Member
Laptop. The processor in the desktop is pretty old. I hope you aren't planning on doing much with either of these...

Shiper

Really Cool Guy
Established Member
My bad, I thought the Acer was a laptop. Thats the one I would go with. Just noticed its a mail in rebate though. Acer has a better processor.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
bad experience with emachines. By default, im voting acer. Plus processor seems more up-to-date :thumbsup:

PDubs

Established Member
If those two are the ONLY choices, are you also planning to upgrade the monitor? If so, no brainer to get the eMachines (unless I missed the cc ad offering monitor also).

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
If you can wait until the day after thanksgiving... and deal with packed stores.. there will be some massive sales going on at all major retailers...

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
You will likely regret buying either one of those machines ... ever wonder why they are so low in price? because no one will buy them ... that's why, or they are refurbished machines and they are using the retail price to give you the impression you are getting a better deal than you are ...

I have heard horrible stories about emachines warranty service .... haven't heard much about acer recently but they used to be on the very low end of the spectrum as well ...

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Both machines are pieces of crap, but the acer is the better of the two. I use an emachines at work and want to shoot it every time I try to use that slow-ass piece of shit (it's only 18 months old).

danger0us

Established Member
If you can wait until the day after thanksgiving... and deal with packed stores.. there will be some massive sales going on at all major retailers...

I am waiting, those prices posted ARE black friday deals. I know these two will most likely not be up to par with anything else, but thats why they are $200 with a printer. I figured they would be better than my 8-10 year old computer though?

Users who are viewing this thread