which is quieter?

Clipboard

Established Member
I'm really wanting to remove my cats, but I live in case and with bassanis I don't think the popo would like it to much. I have my resonators removed with an after cat x pipe and its loud as is to others right now.

After some reading I have 2 options.

Put the OEM resonators back in (OEM reduces more db levels than aftermarket resonators from what I read)

Or

Put in a bullet style muffler where the resonators use to be.

I don't want gt500 axle backs because I don't like the tinny hollow sound.

Anyone have any input /experience they can give?

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
GT500 ab are not hollow at all.
[youtube_browser]_clIsw3aGYw[/youtube_browser]

Stockton PD never bothered me when I had an o/r X and bassani cb on my terminator. Heck, for half a day I drove around with just a upr o/r X lol
[youtube_browser]qr1HXrQN-d0[/youtube_browser]

With an o/r X I would put OEM or a bullet style muffler to reduce rasp

Clipboard

Established Member
Every you tube video I hear the gt500's sound hollow to me. I like a full sound like the borla s with stock exhaust. Maybe I can try to find someone in my area with some gt500's to help make my decision

Nuar

Established Member
The gt500s do sound hollow.
Funny, my exhaust is only loud when i put the pedal down.
When i putt around town in low rpm and sensible throttle input, the car just sounds like it has some mild exhaust on it.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
My car is extremely loud with no cats and the bassani catback. So if your trying to be more quiet I would look into something else.

STL5OHSLOW

Established Member
I have stainless works longtubes off road x pipe over axle pipes and gt500 axle backs my car is quiet until you mash the go fast pedal then it wakes up but I am done with the gt500 time to find a different sound

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
[youtube_browser]jFoL_PFWr74[/youtube_browser]

this is how the gt500 sound in my car. about half way we moved mic to the rear. no resonators and offroad xpipe. it can be anoying.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
ORH will give you a deeper rumble old school sound vs a ORX which sounds more exotic crackle/hollow sound

having had both, no...

O/R H provides a deeper rumble yes, also more defined rpms, sound crisper. The H sounds very hollow, not the X.

O/R X is extremely raspy(depends on the muffler, still raspier than same muffler with O/R H) and the RPMs sounds extremely mushed together and messy.

Having had both I will take an O/R H anyday. The sound is much improved.

Clipboard

Established Member
Maybe an off road pipe might not be the best choice than even with a bullet style muffler behind. Maybe I'll mount the OEM mufflers and do a cutout.

Users who are viewing this thread