Which is loudest?

Nick C

I'm talking loudest outside the car and inside the car interior between these setups?

2 High Flow cats "completely gutted" but on for visual, with h pipe and Flowmaster Super 40's, stock headers

OR

2 High flow cats "not gutted" on, h pipe SLP Loudmouth 1's stock headers

Last edited:

Recon

Established Member
I’d give it to the Loudmouths. But I doubt it’ll be a good sounding loud. Rarely does that ever happen on Coyotes in my opinion.
Inside loudness will probably be somewhat equal or leaning towards the Flowmasters. Might check out super 10’s or outlaw Flowmasters.

Pick your poison.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
If you want loud and emissions legal, then add an SLP LM1 catback to a catted X or H pipe. The H will have a deeper tone.

If you want to be obnoxious, go with the LM1 catback with an offroad midpipe. It will sound horrible, but that is my opinion.

Loud with a good tone would be Borla Stingers (ATAKs if you want more volume) with an offroad, catless midpipe. The SLP LM2 also sounds good without cats.

If you just want noise, bolt on a set of long tube headers and call it a day. No exhaust, just headers.

Also, a larger throttle body, plenum, and intake will deepen the exhaust note. If you run headers, you will again alter the exhaust note. The combinations are endless.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Gutted cats sound terrible in my opinion. The air expands, then must be forced out of the exhaust. That gives an anemic tin like tone. And increased back pressure.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Recon

Established Member
The 2V I’m getting ready to buy has an off-road H with 40’s. I’ve heard a lot of mustangs and that is car still ranks in the top 5 of best sounding cars I’ve heard in person. Not stupid loud but sounds great, and drone doesn’t bother me unlike most.

Pick your poison.

Users who are viewing this thread