Which is harder on the car at 500rwhp: Pullied Apten or Whipple\KB?

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
Say you were looking for around 500 or so rwhp which would be the less stressful overall? It seems like the KB\Whipple would be easier because they generate less heat and and dont have to be overspun.

I was just thinking about doing some serious mods next year and want to get a good idea of which would be the better option.

Tat03Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by shanker
Say you were looking for around 500 or so rwhp which would be the less stressful overall? It seems like the KB\Whipple would be easier because they generate less heat and and dont have to be overspun.

I was just thinking about doing some serious mods next year and want to get a good idea of which would be the better option.

I would have to say the KB or Whipple simply because of the efficiency and less heat generated. Course, I am a little biased since my Whipple is on the way...

peace

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
The efficiency of the compressor configuration on both the Whipple and the KB is supposed to be worth substantal (70 claimed) horses, at the same boost level. I got my Whipple yesterday. I'm going to use the 13# pulley (close to my pullied Eaton with a Lightning pulley; 12#).

The point being that at nearly the same boost, 12/13 pounds, I should go from 452+- to over 500, some from the 1# of boost, the rest from compressor efficiency.

-Edit- Answering the question, a KB or Whipple should be less stressful on your motor.

Last edited:

RARE5.0

RARE NOTCHBACK
Established Member
A friend of mine has the kb 17lb pullie lfp intake pred tune stinger exhaust 60lb injectors boosta pump and has 616rwhp. And ive seen a whipple with out a boost a pump maf extender no injectors and 15 lb pullie make 585rwhp so i would go kb all the way plus it sounds great screaming by you at 170 on the turnpike

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
Originally posted by Daytona Gtp
plus it sounds great screaming by you at 170 on the turnpike

it didnt sound too bad inside the car either :coolman: hehehe

definitely go with the KB or the whipple. I have had both the Apten and now the KB and its worth every penny!! plus the KB gives you a lot of room to grow if you're ever looking for more HP in the future

Users who are viewing this thread